I told you I had made another card for the Color Challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary…there is still time to play along! You can see the original card I did for the challenge here. Love the combination of Blackberry Bliss, Rose Red and Blushing Bride!
So, here’s another card using the same color combination and Snuggles & Smooches.
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Blushing Bride, folded in half.
- The Blackberry Bliss layer is 3 1/2 x 4 3/4.
- On the 3 1/4 x 4 1/2 layer of Whisper White, the small floral image from Snuggles & Smooches was stamped with Blackberry Bliss three times in the lower right corner.
- The line image from Gorgeous Grunge was stamped with Rose Red ink along the bottom and right side.
- The splatter image form Gorgeous Grunge was randomly stamped with Blushing Bride ink in the background.
- It’s All About You from Hooray It’s Your Day was stamped with Blackberry Bliss ink.
- The Whisper White layer was adhered to the Blackberry Bliss layer, then offset on the front in the lower right corner.
- The small flower in Itty Bitty Accents was punched from Rose Red three times and adhered in the background. Rhinestones were placed in the middle.
OK…that’s it! I loved how it turned out…and it was pretty quick to pull together!
It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge! It’s a pretty color combination this time! Makes me think of flowers and spring! Yesterday actually seemed “balmy” and the high was only in the low 20s! But after the freezing sub zero weather we’ve had it felt pretty good!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Rose Red, folded in half.
- Blackberry Bliss layer was cut 3 3/4 x 5.
- On the 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 layer of Whisper White, the medallion strip in Because You Care Hostess set was stamped across the bottom and right side with Blushing Bride Ink.
- Happy Birthday from the same stamp set was stamped with Blackberry Bliss Ink.
- The Petal Potpourri doily flower was stamped with Blackberry Bliss Ink on Rose Red cardstock and punched with the Flower Medallion punch. It was stamped again with Blackberry Bliss Ink on Blushing Bride, then punched with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch and placed in the center of the flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower was placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and rhinestone added to the center, plus some around the greeting.
- Finally, a scrap of Blushing Bride Chevron Ribbon was cut with flag ends, then folded in half and adhered under the flower.
I think it really is a pretty card in person! I like how the center of the flower almost looks like a Spirograph (anyone else used to have one of those?) Make sure to stop over on Create with Connie and Mary to see what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week! Then grab your stamps and play along! Don’t forget…we also have a call for new Challenge Team members out…last day to apply is Saturday!
The theme this time over on SUO Challenges is Cards for Teens..how fun! I don’t have the need for many teen cards anymore…our sons and nieces and nephews are all adults now…but I’m sure I’ll have a need for one someday again and I know I don’t have many sitting around! So, I’m anxious to see all the ideas!
Here’s what I came up with! A milestone for most teenagers is learning to drive. In Ohio, they get their temporary permits at 15 1/2, but the permanent one is at age 16 and passing the tests. So…here’s a milestone 16th birthday card!
OK…isn’t that fun???? I took my colors from the Birthday Bash Designer Paper, love those little party hats printed on the paper! Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Tangelo Twist folded in half.
- The Night of Navy layer is 4 x 5 1/4 and a 2 x 5 1/4 piece of the Birthday Bash DSP is adhered along the bottom with the SAB Accessory Pack ribbon hiding the seam and adhered the ends to the back.
- The Whisper White license plate was cut 2 1/2 x 3 3/4, then added 1/2 x 3 3/4 strips of Crushed Curry across the top and Tangelo Twist to the bottom. The corners were rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder. The plate holes were punch 1″ from each side at the top and bottom with the 1/8″ Circle Punch.
- Hooray! from Hooray It’s Your Birthday stamp set was stamped along the Tangelo Twist with Night of Navy Ink.
- 6TEEN was cut from Night of Navy cardstock with the Perfect Print Alphabet Dies and added to the center…can’t you just think of HUNDREDS of sayings you could put on there? lol!
- I added the license plate to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals slightly off center.
- I used the Star Framelits (smallest and next smallest) with Tangelo Twist Cardstock to make the star and tucked it under the left side of the plate. Then I punched the small star from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and added it to the center for a little bling.
OK…what do you think? I already have another one in mind that I have to make and will show you it soon! Make sure to check out the rest of the Teen card ideas over on SUO Challenges!
I have a couple projects using the Best Year Ever Designer Paper and Simply Wonderful Stamp Set. Both are available FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-A-Bration!
Isn’t that row of tulips cut from the Best Year Ever Designer Paper fun? Here’s a closeup of the card. I used the Chevron Folder on the Chocolate Chip cardstock for the ground and the Designer Paper in the background. I fussy cut (cut by hand) the tulips from another pattern in the DSP (thanks Nicole Tugrul for the idea!) and popped them up with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To a great friend from Simply Wonderful was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink.
And I made a little treat that matches. The top was cut with the Labels Framelit. The base is 3 x 8 1/2, scored at 3 and the sides sealed to make a pocket. I colored the pearls at the top with Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities.
OK…continue on around the Tour de Freaks by visiting Wendy Weixler’s blog…her ideas are fantastic as usual!
Oh man…I’m working on my third week of a wicked cold! I came down with it at the start of Leadership…it mostly went away, then I think my grand-daughter gave me her cold! I’m miserable! lol! But, it’s Thursday! Time for a new Create with Connie and Mary challenge. We have a fun sketch for you to try!
And here is my card:
I took liberty with the trio of dots lined up and made a balloon bouquet! Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crushed Curry. Over that is a 4″ diagonal piece of Whisper white.
- A 1 x 5 piece of Birthday Bash Designer Paper was laid across the seam, then the top portion was embossed with the Delicate Dots folder.
- I stamped Birthday Girl with Night of Navy Ink on the diagonal.
- The balloons were stamped with Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist and Bermuda Bay inks and hand-cut out. I added them to the front above the DSP.
- I tied a bow with White Thick Twine and added it to the front with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Finally, each of the balloons has a Rhinestone Jewel.
Make sure to check out Create with Connie and Mary and see what the Challenge Team did this week! There are some fantastic ideas!
Hope you had a wonderful President’s Day. I had the day off from babysitting my grand-daughter, but spent most of the day resting and trying to recover from my cold. I had been hoping to spend the day stamping! Oh well. It was just a good day to stay inside and keep warm!
Here’s one of the other cards I swapped at Convention. I love to make the tree dressed in “spring” colors!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Blushing Bride, folded in half.
- The Soft Suede layer is 4 x 5-1/4 and “You warm my heart” was stamped in the lower right corner with Tuxedo Black Ink and the 1-1/2 x 4 strip of Best Year Ever DSP was adhered across the center portion.
- On the 3 x 4 3/4 layer of Whisper White, the tree trunk was stamped with Soft Suede, the blossoms with Blushing Bride, then some Calypso Coral spots were added in for dimension.
- The grass of Sahara Sand was added along the bottom of the tree trunk and the swing of Soft Suede added to the tree. The top corners were rounded with the Corner Rounder Punch.
- A Petite Petals punch was used with Best Year Ever DSP for the blossom, and the smaller Itty Bitty Accents flower from Calypso Coral cardstock.
- The pearl was colored with Calypso Coral Blendabilities and added to the center of the blossom.
Have to run and work on my class cards for tomorrow. As I mentioned, this cold has put me behind! Luckily I know what I’m going to be showing. lol! Stay warm!
Have you stamped today?
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine’s Day! It was quite snowy and blustery in central Ohio yesterday, so we elected to stay home for most of the day. The white-outs made visibility almost zero! I thought I’d share a personal post today of my two grandkids…they are growing up FAST!
Here is Carter’s Valentine! He is 20 months old already! His new haircut really makes him look like a little boy!
And, here is Quinn…she is 4 months old now and such a darling little girl!
Both are so happy and healthy! We are SOOOO blessed!
Have you stamped today?
We are just finishing up our Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2015! We did four weeks of 3d projects for home decor and gift giving and several card sets! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $29.95 US, you’ll get over 24 project ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!
I did a really different “artistic” type project this week for our subscribers that was a lot of fun and EASY! I’ll definitely be making more! I used the stamp set, Petal Potpourri with the coordinating punch, Flower Medallion, on my project. So, here’s a coordinating card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Coastal Cabana, folded in half.
- On a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, “You Made my Day” from the Sale-A-Bration set, Best Day Ever, was stamped with Coastal Cabana Ink in the lower right corner.
- Two triangles were stamped next to the greeting with Crushed Curry Ink.
- Best Year Ever Designer Paper was cut 2-3/4 x 3 and added to the Whisper White.
- The Petal Potpourri flower was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on a coordinating pattern in Best Year Ever DSP and punched with the Flower Medallion Punch, then popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the front of the card.
- The center was stamped with Crushed Curry and punched with the 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, then adhered with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Finally, the Simply Pressed Clay was molded in the Buttons & Blossoms Mold, dried, and then colored with the Calypso Coral Marker and added to the center of the flower with Mini Glue Dots. I love the rubbery feel of the clay!
OK…so now continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2015 Design Team blogs to see their cards and what sets they used this week on their projects! Next up is Mary Brown!
I’ll admit…I purchased this set during preorder and hadn’t even inked it up! So many other sets to use, I guess! But, the color challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary is perfect for it, so I pulled it out to use!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Sahara Sand, folded in half.
- Basic Black layer is 4 x 5-1/4.
- Something Borrowed Designer Paper layer is 3-3/4 x 5
- Whisper White strip for greeting is 3/4 x 3, stamped with Celebrating You from Crazy About You stamp set in Tuxedo Black Ink.
- 3″ strip of Basic Black punched with Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border and adhered under Whisper White.
- The flower was stamped twice with Hello Honey Ink on Whisper White and punched with the Flower Medallion Punch once, then the center cut out of the other and added to the center with Stampin’ Dimensional.
- A Basic Black button was tied with White Bakers Twine and added to the center of the flower.
- The leaves were stamped with Sahara Sand Ink and cut out, then tucked under the flower and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
LOVE that color combination! Make sure to check out Create with Connie and Mary and see what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the color combination. Everyone’s cards are really different!
This card was my Control Freaks card for the Occasions Catalog swap! I couldn’t wait to play with the Painted Petals set and this was the first card I made with it!
Here are the details for you:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Whisper White folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pool Party was embossed with the Spring Flowers folder.
- Across the front is a 1-1/4 x 5-1/4 strip of the green stripe pattern in the Painted Blooms Designer Paper.
- Whisper White was cut from the third from smallest Oval Framelit. Using the Painted Petals Stamp Set, the trio of flowers were stamped with Pool Party, the leaves from Pear Pizzazz, the dots with So Saffron and the greeting in Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Pearls were colored with the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Markers and placed in the center of the flowers.
- A bow was tied with the Wild Wasabi Thick Twine and added under the greeting with a Mini Glue Dot.
Hope you like it!
We are working on Week 4 of our new Spring Collection 2015 over on Create with Connie and Mary! We’ve had some wonderful project tutorials so far! And last week was our Card “Create”tions weeks…six different stamp sets were featured with 4 cards each! It’s not too late to join and you’ll have access to the tutorials for up to a year! Our subscription is full of gift ideas, home decor, card sets and 3D project tutorials perfect for your stamp camps and classes! We’re using Occasions and Sale-A-Bration products from Stampin’ Up!’s Catalogs. Get over 24 projects for only $29.95 US…that’s just a little over $1 per tutorial! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!