It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! This was a fun challenge to do and the Challenge Team really came up with totally different looks for this color combination! Make sure to check them out over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Here’s what I came up with using the cute little You’re Sublime stamp set:
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Night of Navy, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate.
- Two crabs from You’re Sublime were stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, watercolored with Calypso Coral Stampin’ Write Marker and an AquaPainter, then cut out.
- A 2-1/4 x 5 piece of Regals Night of Navy Polka Dot Pattern Paper was cut with the Triple Banner Punch, then added to the front.
- A Calypso Coral tag was cut from the Project Life Labels and stamped with the greeting from Remembering Your Birthday in Night of Navy Ink. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The crabs were added on top of the tag with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Super cute, isn’t it? I love how it turned out! OK…again, make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary to see what they did with this color combo, then grab your stamps and play along! We love to see your designs!
It’s time for the SUO Challenge and we are celebrating “Congratulations”…could be any type of congratulations, including graduations! Since my son will be graduating with his Masters from The Ohio State University in a couple weeks, I decided to use this challenge to make his graduation card…we are SO proud of him! Holding down a FULL time job (with travel and extra hours), an almost 3-year old at home who is busy, busy…it was not easy over the past 18 months. His wife, Beth, has certainly picked up the slack!
Adam is a “simple” type of guy, so I didn’t go overboard with embellishments or extras on his card. Just used the OSU colors of Scarlet and Gray and the Sunburst Framelit…with a little bit of Silver Glimmer Paper bling.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Smoky Slate, folded in half.
- The Sunburst Framelit was cut from Real Red cardstock and layered over a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Smoky Slate, with the extra ends cut off. It was placed on the base card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Congratulations, Grad from Stampin’ Up!’s B.Y.O.P. stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White and colored with the Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker, then punched with a 2″ Circle Punch.
- It is layered on a 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle punched from Silver Glimmer Paper, then popped up on the Sunburst with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Yep…that’s it! But Adam definitely doesn’t like a lot of fru-fru, so it’s perfect for him and personalized with OSU colors. This card would also be perfect if you had to mass produce a bunch of them…wouldn’t take long at all!
Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team to see what they did with the Congratulations theme!
I wrapped some little gifts for a few friends that I knew I’d be hanging with at On Stage Convention. Inside the envelopes are little sewing kits (I can’t believe I didn’t take a photo!), decorated with the same flower in reverse colors since the case of the sewing kits were Tangelo Twist!
- To start, I measured the little case of the sewing kit, then found the size on the Envelope Punch Board that would hold them. I cut the Botanical Gardens Designer Paper according to that size.
- The Botanical Builder flowers were cut from Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey and the centers with Basic Black. The leaves were stamped with Mossy Meadow on Pear Pizzazz and cut with the Framelits also.
- They were adhered together then placed on the 2″ Circle of coordinating Designer Paper.
- A Rhinestone Jewel was added to the center.
- A 1-1/4 x 8-1/2 strip of Whisper White belly band wraps around the Envelope to hold it closed and the circle with flower added to hide the seam on top.
On the back, I stamped For You from Birthday Blooms stamp set with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I think it made a simple and sweet little gift for my friends…and something they could use in their purse for emergencies! I wish I would have kept one for myself!
Stamps: Botanical Blooms, Birthday Blooms
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Botanical Gardens DSP, Rhinestones, Envelope Punch Board, 2″ Circle Punch
EDIT: Because I’m getting questions, here is what the sewing kits look like…except mine were orange. I found them at Michael’s a while ago.
Welcome to the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This month we have been featuring the retiring In Colors and Blackberry Bliss is up this week!
I used some more of the Farmer’s Market Designer Paper for the background of my card, I love the Blackberry Bliss check! And, I used the Apple of My Eye Stamp Set to make up some plums for the front…they almost look real, don’t they?
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Blackberry Bliss, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Farmer’s Market DSP in the Blackberry Bliss checked pattern.
- Thank You from Apple of My Eye stamp set was stamped on the 1-1/4 x 5-1/4 Very Vanilla and then layered on the 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Old Olive cardstock.
- The “plum” from Apple of My Eye was inked up with Cherry Cobbler Ink, then using a sponge dauber to add Blackberry Bliss Ink to the edges of the plums. They were cut out by hand.
- The leaves were inked with Old Olive then Mossy Meadow was added to the edges with the sponge dauber, and hand cut.
- Before adhering the plums to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, loops of Gold Metallic Thread were added behind the plums for a bit of glimmer.
- Finally, three Cherry Cobbler Candy Dots were added to the right side of the Very Vanilla strip for a little bling.
Stamps: Apple of My Eye
Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Blackberry Bliss, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Accessories: Farmer’s Market DSP, Regals Candy Dots, Gold Metallic Thread, Sponge Daubers, Stampin’ Dimensionals
OK, next up is the Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our April Mini Session…it’s not too late to join! Then continue on around the blog hop to Mary’s blog to see her Blackberry Bliss card…or go backwards for Melissa’s!
Stamp sets for sale – most $10 and under!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide zipcode so exact shipping can be figured. I will send you a Paypal invoice for total. Please provide payment promptly as items will not be held. Items will ship the next day.
Left: Flower Filled – WM – $7
Right: Botanical Blooms – WM – $6
Left: Kind Thoughts – WM – $8
Right: Fabulous Florets – Wm – $10
Left: Petal Prints – WM – $10
Right: Nature’s Walk – WM – $11
Left: Echoes of Kindness – WM – $10
Right: Live Your Dreams – WM – $8
Left: Just Believe – WM – $12
Right: Fast & Fabulous – WM – $8
Left: Wonderful You – WM – $8
Right: Sketch It – WM – $10
Left: Big Blossom – WM – $5
Right: Print Paints – WM – $5
Left: Canvas – WM – $8 SOLD
Right: Flannel Plaid – WM – $8
Left: Houndstooth – WM – $8
Right: Distressed Dots – WM – $8 SOLD
Left: Print Patterns – WM – $8
Right: Sanded – WM – $8 SOLD
Left: Baroque – WM – $8
Right: Polka Dot – WM – $8
Left: Elementary Days – WM – $10 SOLD
Right: Holiday Print – WM – $8
Left: Chalk Talk – CM – $12 SOLD
Right: Tag It – CM – $8 (Only lizard is has been mounted)
Left: Perfect Words – CM – $7 SOLD
Right: Friendship Preserves – CM – $7
Left: Ciao, Baby! – CM – $7
Right: What’s Up! – CM – $7 SOLD
Left: Says It All – CM – $5
Right: Hello Lovely – CM – $6
Left: Sweet Essentials – CM – $8 SOLD
Right: Cross My Heart – CM only one image mounted – $8
Left: Simply Wonderful – CM – $6
Right: Hip Notes – CM – $7
Left: Simply Celebrate – CM – $8 SOLD
Right: See Ya Later – CM – $5 SOLD
Left: So Happy for You – CM – $6 SOLD
Right: You’re Lovely – CM – $5 SOLD
Left: Perfect Pennants is NOT for sale
Right: Big Day – CM – $5
Left: Peachy Keen – CM – NEW UM – $10 SOLD
Right: Petal Parade – CM – $4
Left: Perfect Couple – CM – NEW UM – $10
Right: Cool Kid – CM – $10 SOLD
Left: From the Garden – PP – only 4 images used $10
Right: One Tag Fits All – CM NEW UM – $9 SOLD
Top: Thanks & Hello – converted to CM, have block if needed – $3
Left: Look Up to Father – converted to CM, have block if needed – words separated – $5 SOLD
Right: Filmstrip – converted t
Lace Doily, Magnificent Maple, Love – converted to CM – $3 each
Left: Oh Hello – CM – $5
Right: Priority Mail – CM – Only the snowman image mounted – $7 SOLD
Oh Goodies – CM – $5
Left: Packed for Mom, Packed for Dad, Packed for Birthday, Packed for Baby – converted to CM – All for $2
Right: Mustaches – set of 4 – Converted to CM – $3 SOLD
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a fun sketch this week, so we hope you’ll play along!
I took a little liberty with the shapes, as you are welcome to do. I am on a mission to use my Designer Paper packages before they all retire at the end of May, so I grabbed Farmer’s Market! lol!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cherry Cobbler folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Very Vanilla.
- The Lots of Labels Framelit cut the Cherry Cobbler Polka Dot pattern from Farmer’s Market DSP and was adhered on front.
- The flowers from Birthday Blossoms stamp set were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on the Hello Honey print in Farmer’s Market, punched with the Pansy Punch and colored with the Gold Wink of Stella Brush.
- The centers were stamped again on the Cherry Cobbler Polka Dot Print and handcut, then added to the center of the flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flowers were placed on front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Mossy Meadow (sob! It’s leaving soon!) and hand cut out, then tucked under the flowers.
- Celebrate You from Birthday Blossoms stamp set was stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink.
- I used the Gold Wink of Stella and my fingernail to flick some gold spots in the background.
I love how shimmery the Gold Wink of Stella makes this card! OK…make sure you check out the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team to see what they did with the sketch! Some fun cards over there!
The theme this month is Ladies and Gentlemen cards. My thoughts went to taking one set and making both a feminine and masculine card version using it! So here’s what I came up with!
Here are the details for the masculine version first:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Mossy Meadow cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- Next is the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper, cut with the Circles Framelit so the Whisper White shows through.
- The greeting from Suite Sayings is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black inside the opening.
- The leaves from the Botanical Builder Framelits were cut from Crumb Cake Cardstock, stamped with the leaf veins from Botanical Blooms Stamp Set in Mossy Meadow Ink, then sponged around the edges with Mossy Meadow Ink. They are popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Basic Black Neutrals Button is tied with Linen Thread and added to the leaves.
Next up is the feminine version:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Blushing Bride Cardstock folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper is cut with the Circle Framelit so the Whisper White shows through.
- The greeting from Suite Sayings is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink inside the opening.
- The large flower is cut with the Botanicals Builder Framelits and Blushing Bride Cardstock, the inside flower with Whisper White and the center from Hello Honey cardstock. Two small flowers were cut from Hello Honey along side the larger flower. The fern leaves were cut from Mint Macaron cardstock. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and Mini Glue Dots.
- A Rich Regals Candy Dot was placed in the center of the larger flower and Pearls for the smaller flowers.
OK…that’s it for me! Time to move on to the next stop on the blog tour, the fabulous Melissa Stout! I’m sure you’ll love her projects! Then continue on around the tour!
Oh…had a wonderful time at On Stage Live in Salt Lake City…loved catching up with friends and meeting new ones. AND…being one of the first to see the NEW CATALOG! Can you say WOW! Yes, my pocketbook is screaming already in anticipation! All is well, except that my flight coming home was delayed almost 3 hours in Phoenix and I didn’t get home until 2:00 AM Monday morning! lol!
I wanted to show the On Stage Roommate Gift I made using the Sunburst Flower again, this time with Night of Navy Polka Dot pattern DSP. It is adhered to a thick notepad of paper, so I went with the red/white/navy color scheme.
- The notepad was already covered with the navy/red print.
- I cut four Sunbursts from the navy Regals Patterned DSP Stack, then cut with varying sizes of Circle Framelits.
- Just a Note from Watercolor Wishes is stamped with Real Red on Whisper White, then punched with the 1-3/8 Circle Punch and layered on a 1-3/4 circle of Red Glimmer Paper, then added to the center of the flower.
- A Real Red button is tied with White Baker’s Twine and tied in a bow, then adhered to the center with Mini Glue Dots.
- A Sunburst was cut from Mossy Meadow cardstock and cut for the flower leaves.
- Finally, the letter A was cut with the Serif Essentials Dies (retired) from Whisper White cardstock, adhered to the front and blinged up with Rhinestones.
- There was also a matching pen for the notepad.
I love making these type of gifts for friends and roommates! But I especially LOVE this flower!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Mossy Meadow is embossed with the Woodgrain folder.
- Across the front is 2 x 5-1/4 strip of Tip Top Taupe striped pattern from the In Colors DSP Pack.
- A 2 x 4-1/2 piece of Whisper White was punched with the Ornate Tag Topper punch. It is stamped with the trees from In The Meadow stamp set with Mossy Meadow Ink and colored with Mossy Meadow and Crumb Cake Markers.
- More grass was added along the bottom with Mossy Meadow Ink.
- The tag was tied with 1-1/4 White Jute Ribbon, cut to about 1/2″ width. It was tied with Linen Thread in a bow, then the Jute was shredded. The tag was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from In the Meadow was stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on a 3/4″ strip of Tip Top Taupe cardstock, cut a flag end and tucked under the tag.
OK….next up on the blog hop is the Create with Connie and Mary website where you can find out more about our APRIL MINI SESSION! We just opened on April 11th…it’s not too late to join! Get 5 awesome projects for only $8.95 US! Then continue on to Mary Brown’s blog to see her lovely design using Mossy Meadow!
We are winding down the last weeks of the Occasions Catalog, so I’ve been trying to use some of the sets that haven’t seen a lot of love! In the Meadow is one of those sets. I’ve used it a couple times lately and picked it up again for today’s card. I hadn’t used the little grassy flower image yet, so the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary seemed perfect for it!
Here’s my card. Things kind of evolved with this one…it started off in a completely different direction! Funny how that works. I took off the Soft Suede cardstock on the front…it was just too bold for the soft look I was trying to achieve. I did add a little back in with the butterflies and the Candy Dots.
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White folded in haalf.
- A strip of In Color Washi Tape was added to the left side of the card.
- On top is a 4 x 5 layer of Lost Lagoon cardstock (color retiring SOON! Get it before it is gone!) with the greeting from Watercolor Words stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink in the lower right corner.
- On the 2-1/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White, the grass/flower image was stamped four times with Mint Macaron Ink across. It is colored with the Lost Lagoon Marker. The butterflies image was stamped with Soft Suede Ink.
- Linen Thread was wrapped around several times to hide the “seam”.
- Along the top is a 1/4″ x 5 strip of Mint Macaron cardstock.
- Three Neutrals Soft Suede Candy dots were placed under the Linen Thread.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary, grab your stamps and play along with our color challenge this week!
And…while you are there…we just opened our APRIL Mini Session…it’s not too late to join us! You’ll get 5 awesome projects for only $8.95 US! Sign up today at Create with Connie and Mary!