Now that I'm sure the recipients have received their Stampin' Up! gift certificates, I can reveal them here on my blog! This year for my requested gift certificates, I made up this cute little holder using No Peeking! Boy…I have used this little set a LOT this season!
I used one of the printed Gift Certificates that I ordered from Merrill Corporation many moons ago! I cut it down to a 5" width so that I could get two holders from one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock.
- I cut a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of Real Red cardstock, scored at 2 1/2 and 7.
- I embossed the front with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder and rounded the top flaps with the corner rounder.
- I added Sticky Strip to the bottom flap and folded it up for a pocket to hold the gift certificate.
- I cut a belly band of Baja Breeze at 2 x 11, then folded it around the width of the holder.
- The Label Framelit is cut from Snow Festival DSP and attached to the Belly Band to hold it closed.
- I stamped the Snowman from No Peeking in Black Stazon, then colored with Real Red, Baja Breeze, Blush Blossom Stampin' Write Markers. He is punched from Whisper White with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch.
- I added a snowflake cut from the Snow Flurry Die from Red Glimmer Paper, then added the small star of Silver Glimmer Paper.
- Finally I stamped No Peeking in Black Stazon on the front.
- Inside, I added a 1 x 5 1/2 strip of Snow Festival DSP, then punched a 1 3/8" circle and stamped To/From in Black Stazon (from the No Peeking stamp set).
- The pocket holds the gift certificate perfectly!
Did you see our new banner over on Create with Connie and Mary? We've started the Early Bird Pricing on our new SPRING OCCASIONS EDITION 2013! The 5 week session will feature items from the Spring Mini catalog…a little Valentines, Spring AND Sale-A-Bration projects featuring those Spring Mini products! Right now you can sign up for $29.95…that is $5 off the regular subscription price of $34.95…for over 30 step-by-step tutorials at less than $1 each! Don't miss out! Check out the Create with Connie and Mary site for more information!