Yes! It’s time for the Tour de Freaks! The theme this month is “Celebrate”! Glad it is such a broad theme this month. You’ve probably just come from Melissa Stout’s blog...love her ideas! And, don’t you love our new buttons? Thanks to Lyssa Zwolanek for making them! If you’ve arrived prior to the 20th, not all links may be operational yet.
Of course, my thoughts are birthdays are always reason to celebrate and I wanted to share my “glamorous” birthday projects using the Window Box Thinlit and making it into a purse shape! The Silver Cardstock behind the cut-out opening just makes it SO elegant!
Here’s a closeup of the card:
- The base of the card is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Basic Black, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- At the bottom of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, a 1 x 4 piece of Pop of Pink Specialty Paper was added.
- The Silver Metallic ribbon (SAB) hides the seam and is secured on the back.
- Just the front of the box was cut from Basic Black cardstock, trimmed out, then added the Silver Cardstock backing to it.
- The oval tag in the Thinlit set was scored and folded to make the clasp of the purse.
- A Metal Rimmed Pearl was added to the clasp.
- A loop of Silver Metallic Ribbon (SAB) was looped and secured in the back for the purse handle.
- Happy Day from Perfectly Preserved was stamped with Memento Black Ink in the upper right corner.
- The Window Box was formed per the directions and the clasp placed so that the box opens from the top.
- The Silver Metallic Ribbon was adhered to a 1 x 9 piece of Whisper White cardstock for the handle to give it stability and adhered with Tear and Tape Adhesive to the box.
Here’s a photo of the box open and filled with a few treats!
OK…so don’t you think that set is pretty glamorous? I know some girlfriends who would love to get this, don’t you?
Next up is the fabulous Wendy Weixler...I know you’ll love her ideas, too! Then continue around until you view all the projects!