Woohoo!!! It's time for the monthly Tour de Freaks, brought to you by the Control Freak Swappers! We have a fabulous lineup of stops on the tour today, I know you'll be impressed. Our theme this month is Halloween and Fall. You've probably just come from Dawn Olchefske's blog...aren't her projects darling?
My first card is one that my Orchard Harvest DSP class did last week. I liked how it came out! I borrowed the layout from my good friend, Mary Brown…her card was Christmas theme, but I switched mine out for Fall! LOVE the little ears of corn in the Perfectly Preserved stamp set. Reminds me of growing up on the farm in Illinois. My dad planted for Delmonte…yummy…they have the BEST sweet corn!
- I used the Window Frame Framelits for the base of the Cajun Craze card.
- The center is cut out and layered with Orchard Harvest DSP inside.
- I pierced around the edges of the Framelit, too.
- I used Stampin' Write Markers to ink up the ears of corn (three different times), cut with the Cannery Framelits and added a wood button tied with Linen Thread and layered behind the Seasonal Sayings greeting!
This card was a favorite in class (well, besides the little 3D project we did!)
My next card uses Wonderfall and my favorite stripe in the Orchard Harvest DSP package! Love those little x's!
- Base of the card is Cajun Craze.
- I added the stripe from Orchard Harvest DSP across the top of the More Mustard Layer, then wrapped the ends of the Early Espresso Tulle Ribbon to the back and adhered. I tied the center of the Tulle with a bow of Linen Thread.
- Behind the Tulle Ribbon, I tucked the stamped leaves from Wonderfall stamp set, inked in Cajun Craze, Island Indigo, More Mustard and Lucky Limeade, then cut out (by hand!)
- I added a couple pearls in the top leaf for a little bling.
- I stamped Thanks from Perfect Punches in Raspberry Ripple and punched with the Scallop Oval punch. It is popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Next up is a little favor for Halloween or Fall. I guess really Owls can be for any time! I used the vellum sack and the gogglie eyes from the Ghoulish Googlies Designer Kit, though!
- The eyes are the 1 3/8" circle punched from Vellum cardstock and run thru the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Impressions Folder.
- The centers are 3/4" of Daffodil Delight and 1/2" Circle of Basic Black with Googlies eyes in the center.
- The beak is a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock folded in half, then put thru the Pennant Punch (be careful you are cutting thru 2 layers!) I then punched a smaller triangle with the Pennant Punch of Daffodil Delight for the inside.
- The "nostrils" are 1/8" Circle punched from Basic Black cardstock.
- I punched the wings from Vellum Cardstock and the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch cut in half and attached with Silver Brads to the front of the vellum sack.
- The feet are the Pennant punched three times from Pumpkin Pie and adhered together, then adhered to the bottom of the bag.
- I filled it with some Hershey Nugget candies. The bag is tied closed with Linen Thread tied in a bow at the top.
I hope you enjoyed my projects. Next up is the fabulous Mary Brown…I know you'll LOVE her projects! Make sure to take the tour all around! Thanks so much for stopping by!