Our SUO Challenge (SUO86 not 78 as I have listed above!) this time is Last Minute Gift or Card Ideas…a very timely topic as many of "us" are trying to work on finishing up our Christmas lists! I know it will all get done, but at this point I'm really wondering! lol!
I had lunch with some "old" neighbors a week ago. Three of our families get together often during the year, our kids having grown up together. The other one, we hadn't seen in 5-6 years! It was fun catching up! I wanted to take a little gift for each of them, but waited to the last minute to get anything done. These were really quick to pull together and I completed them in about an hour!
I used some of the pennants left over from the banners class I held. (And the Refill Banner Kit and Accessory Kits are on the WEEKLY SPECIAL this week…don't miss out! Here are the details:
- I used the Chevron stencil and Crumb Cake ink to make the pattern in the background of the banner
- I added a 2" strip of Old Olive with a 1" strip of Season of Style DSP over top and used my Hot Glue Gun to secure to the canvas.
- I embossed the Joyful Christmas poinsettias with Gold Embossing Powder on Cherry Cobbler, along with the leaves on Old Olive cardstock, cut then out and placed on the front with Hot Glue.
- I added Pearls to the centers of each Poinsettia.
- I cut the Merry from Red Glimmer Paper and Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet on the back…it stuck GREAT to the canvas!
- Finally, I added some retired Twill Striped Ribbon that I had left over. It worked and matched perfectly and I'm happy to use some of it up!
I suggested they hang these on a door handle to help decorate for the season. It worked perfectly as one was in an apartment getting ready to move into their newly built home so she hadn't done any decorating for Christmas, the other lives in a Condo and doesn't put out many decorations. These are small enough and sturdy enough that they can use year after year!
Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team to see what ideas they came up with for Last Minute Gift or Card Ideas over on SUO Challenges!