Yes, I'm wishing for "A Little Bit of Spring" so I pulled out this new set in the Spring Mini to get me started! I don't know about you, but even though it is still 10 days until Valentine's Day, I'm a little TIRED of making Valentine cards! Are you? So, since we are supposed to get up to 3" of snow today AND I have a downline meeting to attend tonight….I'm REALLY wishing for "A Little Bit of Spring".
I've also been hoping that Stampin' Up! would come up with a tree that you could hang things from…sort of like Season of Friendship. This tree is LITTLE and the images are little, but I still think it is fun!
Here are the details:
- The base card is 4 1/4 x 11 of Very Vanilla, folded in half, then embossed on the top half with the Honeycomb folder.
- Pink Pirouette is cut to 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 and layered on top with 3 x 3 piece of Tea for Two Designer Paper.
- I wrapped the Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine around twice and tied a bow, then popped up on top of the base card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Bashful Blue is cut to 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 to layer over the DSP. I stamped Easter wishes with Early Espresso Ink.
- The tree is stamped with Early Espresso (and omit stamped with Not Quite Navy on the pot) on a 1 1/2 x 2 piece of Very Vanilla, then colored the leaves with Lucky Limeade Marker.
- I stamped the eggs on scrap Very Vanilla, colored them with Markers, then cut them out and adhered to the tree with Mini Glue Dots.
- I lightly colored in the tree trunk with Early Espresso marker and added grass with the Lucky Limeade Marker along the bottom.
- The tree piece is layered on 1 3/4 x 2 1/4 of Pink Pirouette cardstock and popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I rounded the bottom edges of the card with the Corner Rounder.
Isn't that a fun little image??? I can't wait to play with this tree some more!
It's not too late to sign up for the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition 2013! We are just starting Week 3, and you can access all the tutorials we've done so far! $34.95 US for more than 30 step-by-step PHOTO tutorials, you can't go wrong! We're featuring the products in the Spring and Sale-a-Bration minis. You won't see these projects ANYWHERE else…not even previews! Join us today!