It's THURSDAY and time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge! It's a fun color challenge…very fall or halloween…just in time to start the season! So, grab your stamps and play along!
Here's my card. I wanted to do Halloween, since we are featuring that this week over on Create with Connie and Mary Fall Collection, but was challenged with not having black in the combo! Here's my compromise. I used Sweater Weather Designer Paper along with the Best of Halloween stamp set! This image was one that I wanted when it was available before in a larger size. Glad they brought it back. This "Best of" has been my favorite so far!
Here are the details:
- Crushed Curry is cut to 4 1/4 x 11 and folded in half to make base card.
- The 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Very Vanilla was embossed with Stylish Stripes Folder (love it!)
- I added a 1 1/4 x 3 3/4 strip of Sweater Weather DSP brown print towards the bottom.
- I cut the Crushed Curry plaid from Sweater Weather with the Designer Label Framelit and placed on front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I stamped the tree from Best of Halloween with Chocolate Chip Ink on Very Vanilla, then cut with the smaller sized Designer Label Framelit.
- I punched a 1/2" Circle from scrap cardstock, placed it on the tree image, then sponged Crushed Curry ink to make the moon and added a tough of Tangerine Tango for a harvest moon look.
- I stamped the Trick or Treat greeting from Best of Halloween with Chocolate Chip on Tangerine Tango cardstock, then cut flag ends and adhered it on front.
- To add a little bling, I tied some Linen Thread in the Crushed Curry button and tied a bow then placed it on front with Mini Glue Dots.
You like? I sure do! Make sure to check out the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team this week to see what they did with this color combination. We had lots of different takes on the challenge this time!
We are just getting started with our wonderful Create with Connie and Mary FALL COLLECTION subscription featuring the HOLIDAY and MAIN Stampin' Up! catalogs!!!! Only $24.95 US, that's just $1 a project with full step-by-step PHOTO tutorials!
So…what's the FALL COLLECTION all about? 4 weeks of daily projects EACH with a full downloadable tutorial that aren't shown ANYWHERE else! Card sets and projects that can be completed in about 2 hours…perfect for classes and camps! Check out our FREE Preview Projects – August 18 – 24 to see what we're all about! Fall Collection runs August 25 through September 21…so you have plenty of time to plan classes or make the projects for yourself! You don't want to miss it!