It's Week 4 over on Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition and we are showing off the Nature sets in the Spring Mini and Sale-A-Bration brochures. It's not too late to join us…we still have 1 1/2 weeks left to go, plus you can see all the projects we've already done. Some are easy, some more difficult…but all of them will work great in your classes and stamp camps! AND…we leave them up for over a year so you can refer back to them 24/7! At a price of $34.95 US for over 30 step-by-step PHOTO tutorials…how can you go wrong? That's just a little over $1 a piece!
By the Tide was one of my FIRST purchases from the Spring Mini. I don't live by the seashore, but I certainly would LOVE to some day! I love the beach and sound of waves crashing into it…puts me right to sleep at night! Since it was one of the first sets I purchased, I used it for my Control Freak Swap a few months ago. I've been holding off showing my swap card until this week! I really was pleased how it came out!
Here are the details:
- 4 1/4 x 11 Pool Party cardstock, folded in half to make the base card.
- The Whisper White is cut to 3 3/4 x 5. I used the Oval Framelit to make a template on scrap cardstock, then temporarily adhered it to the Whisper White. I used a Sponge Dauber to ink up around the edges of the oval with Pool Party Ink, then used the word stamp in By the Tide and Crumb Cake ink to make the background inside the oval.
- Next I stamped the Fan Coral in Early Espresso Ink inside that oval background.
- The Oval Piercing template I used to pierce around the outside of the inked oval I just created, giving it lots of detail.
- I stamped the shell with Early Espresso Ink on Crumb Cake cardstock, then cut it out and popped it up on the front with a Stampin' Dimensional.
- I stamped Spoil Yourself Today from Bring on the Cake in Early Espresso on a 1/2" strip of Crumb Cake, then cut the flag end and tucked the left side under the shell.
So…do you like? Love these colors together!