We've just finished up Week 2 over on Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition. We always end our week by having the designers participate in a challenge. This week it is a Sketch Challenge! Everyone is invited to play along, however, only subscribers will be placed in a drawing to win the next session of Create with Connie and Mary! Here is the fun sketch for this week:
And here is the card I did. I wanted to use the Peekaboo Frames die…I just haven't used it that much. I thought the sketch would be perfect for it. I also used the new Sale-A-Bration set, Patterned Occasions! So here it is closed:
And here it is opened! Love those little denim jeans!
Here are my details:
- 4 1/4 x 11 Not Quite Navy cardstock, folded in half to make the base card.
- The Whisper White layer of 4 x 5 1/4 was embossed with the Honeycomb folder.
- I cut 2 1/4 x 3 1/2 pieces of Daffodil Delight cardstock and Parker's Patterns Designer Paper and layered them on the Whisper White.
- The Peekaboo Frame was cut from Not Quite Navy.
- I stamped the denim jeans on Whisper White and adhered behind the frame. It's popped up on the front of the card. I added a little rhinestone jewel for the buckle!
- On the front of the Peekaboo Frame flap, I added a 7/8" Scallop Circle and slit between the scallops to make petals. I added a 3/8" Circle punched from Cajun Craze and added a rhinestone in the center.
- Finally, I stamped Congratulations Smarty Pants in Not Quite Navy on Whisper White scrap and tucked it under the flower.
Lots of fun, huh? Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on Create with Connie and Mary! And, it's not too late to sign up! We are just starting Week 3, and you can access all the tutorials we've done so far! For $34.95 US for more than 30 step-by-step PHOTO tutorials, you can't go wrong! We're featuring the products in the Spring and Sale-a-Bration minis. Join us today!