It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is featuring “Mailable Christmas Cards” this week. When I think “mailable”, I also think mass production, so they need to be a little simple, but still have a little “spark” to them. Here’s what I came up with using Stampin’ Up!’s Santa’s Suit stamp bundle. The Gold Glimmer Paper adds the spark!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cherry Cobbler Cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock.
- A 3 x 4-1/2 piece of Be Merry Designer Paper was added towards the left side.
- A 1/4 x 4-1/2 strip of Gold Glimmer Paper was added on top.
- The largest Stitched Circle was cut from Whisper White, then stamped the Santa with Memento Black Ink outline and inside with Real Red Ink. His skin was colored with the Ivory Stampin’ Blends Marker.
- The greeting was stamped with Real Red Ink.
- The trio of stars were cut from the Santa Builder Framelit Dies from Gold Glimmer paper and added to the circle.
I think I’ll whip up a bunch of these circles for tags on the Santa gifts this year! In place of stars will be their name!
Make sure to check out what the Design Team did with the challenge this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our November Mini Session that is NOW OPEN, then onto Mary Brown or go backwards to visit Melissa Davies!
The brand new NOVEMBER Mini Session is NOW OPEN! We are featuring products from the HOLIDAY Catalog! Check out the FREE Be Merry Kit Bonus project when you purchase October & November together!
- Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online. All for only $8.95 US!
See details at Create with Connie and Mary!