This week is the last of our fall themes until next year! We decided to do a fall or Thanksgiving favor to inspire you on our Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop!
I LOVE my Square Pillow Box! I had designed this little scarecrow face for my Autumn Frame Class that was held last Thursday…so I’m sharing just a little bit of what they did on the frame cause it turned out SO cute! What do you think?
Here are the details:
- The base is the Square Pillow Box cut from Crumb Cake cardstock and stamped with the Hardwood Background stamp inked with Crumb Cake ink.
- Around it is a 1-1/2 x 10 Belly Band, adhered in front.
- A 3×3 square of Early Espresso cardstock has the corners rounded.
- The scarecrow face is a 2″ Circle punched from Crumb Cake, the eyes are the small flower on the Tree Builder Punch, the nose is Tangelo Twist cardstock punched with the Tree Punch and stitching is applied using the Early Espresso Marker. The cheeks are 1/4″ Circles of Blushing Bride and the mouth is hand drawn with the Marker, too. The hair is a Word Window punched from Hello Honey and cut in half, then cut strips to look like straw.
- OK…do you know what the hat is??? Yep! It’s the Witches Hat in Boo To You framelits cut from Delightful Dijon cardstock! I just cut off the bent over part on the top, added a hat band of Early Espresso and added a couple # signs on the hat. The flower is Hello Honey punched with the Petite Petals Punch and a 3/8″ Circle of Early Espresso inside. Then a small Perfect White Accent finishes it off.
- I put all the pieces together with Stampin’ Dimensionals and added it to the square on the front. The bow tie is the Burlap Ribbon, cut in half and frayed, then tied in a knot and added with Mini Glue Dots.
- Finally, I added a Vintage Leaf and Gold Glimmer leaf cut with the Leaflet Framelits and adhered behind the square to the belly band. It all slides off so the box can be opened.
That’s it!!! Isn’t it SOOOO cute? Like I said, I love how it turned out. OK…next stop on our tour is the Create with Connie and Mary website so you can find out how to sign up for our October Mini Session! Don’t miss out! Our first bonus cards will be posted tomorrow!