Wow…these colors tricked me up a little! I think it was the Island Indigo in there when I wanted to go floral and didn't have a green. I knew I wanted to use the Sent with Love Designer Paper, too. Originally, my thought was to use the coordinating Sent with Love stamp set…but the Secret Garden florals won out in my head (AND a couple of the other designers went with that set, so I'm glad I went with my second inclination! lol!)
So…here is my creation using Secret Garden!
And, here are the details:
- The base 4 1/4 x 11 Real Red is folded in half to form the base card, the bottom I used the Corner Rounder Punch.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Whisper White and also rounded the bottom corners.
- I used a 2 1/4 x 5 piece of Sent with Love Designer Paper and cut the bottom with a flag end.
- I cut another 1 x 4 piece of coordinating Sent with Love Designer Paper and layered it on a piece of 1 1/2 x 4 Calypso Coral cardstock that I cut with the Finishing Touches Edgelits along the top and bottom.
- I wrapped around some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine and tied a bow before adhering it to the top of the card.
- I stamped the carnation flower twice with Island Indigo Ink on Real Red cardstock, cut one out with the Framelits and then cut out the center piece by hand, then layered it on top. I slighted ruffled the edges.
- Next I stamped the lily image with Island Indigo on Calypso Coral and cut with the Framelit. I also stamped the leaves with Island Indigo on Whisper White and cut with that Framelit.
- I layered them all together on the front, the red carnation one is popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I thought the centers needed a little something, so I added a trio of Pearls to each.
I thought this was fun to combine the "masculine" feel of that DSP with the feminine flowers…and I think it works. What do you think?
And, don't forget! We are JUST getting started over on Create with Connie and Mary for the NEW Card "Create"tions for All Occasions Edition using occasions, nature and celebration stamp sets from the Main and Spring Mini catalogs! We have TWO FREE Preview Projects over there for you to see what we are all about and to download the Project Sheets!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards with 18 stamp sets featured!
* Runs daily March 31 – April 20
* Printable supply lists, measurements and DIRECTIONS!
* 24/7 access up to a year
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Elizabeth Price, Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson and Deb Currier are joining Mary Brown and Connie Babbert!
Get more details and join the fun over on Create with Connie and Mary!