Oh…such a FUN color challenge we have for you this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! I love this color combination, but it was a little bit of a challenge to combine it with a Christmas stamp set in celebration of the kick off our our Early Bird Special for the Create wtih Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013! Preview Weeks starts on SUNDAY and you don't want to miss our FREE project tutorials…or the start of the Winter Collection!
But, I think I succeeded by pulling out the stamp set, Stampin' Up!'s Christmas Collectibles! It is the first time I've inked it up! I used an odd size, too. I love 3 x 6 sized cards! Now that we have the Envelope Punch Board, it is easy to make envelopes to fit it! Have you used this tool yet? It is SO much fun!
Here are the details:
- The base is 6×6 of Rich Razzleberry, folded in half to make the card.
- I added a 2 3/4 x 5 3/4 layer of Whisper White.
- I inked up the Happy Holidays greeting from the stamp set Joy to the World in the Holiday Catalog with my Bermuda Bay and Rich Regals Stampin' Write Markers and stamped it on the right side of the Whisper White layer.
- I stamped one ornament with Rich Razzleberry and one with Bermuda Bay and used the matching punch to cut them out. I stamped the ornaments again with So Saffron and cut off just the tops to add to the other ornaments.
- I added rhinestones and wrapped the 1/8 Silver Ribbon hanger from under the ornament to behind the Whisper White layer so they look like they are hanging.
So, isn't it fun? I am SO happy with how it turned out!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary and see what they have come up with using the color challenge. AND…while you are there…make sure you sign up for the next Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013 while you can SAVE $5 off the regular $29.95 US price!