Ahhh…it is refreshing to do a card that really isn't fall (although it could be) or Christmas! I need birthday cards for a couple men in my life…my son and my brother! The color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary was perfect to use for one of them!
Here's my card using the single stamp, Magnificent Maple. I also used some of the awesome Sweater Weather Designer Paper!
Here are the details:
- The 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 of Always Artichoke was score in half and folded to make the base card.
- A 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Sahara Sand was placed on top.
- The Sweater Weather Designer Paper was cut with the Deco Label (on sale!) Framelit and adhered towards the right side.
- A 1" x 5 1/4" strip of the checked pattern in Sweater Weather was placed across the front.
- Magnificent Maple was stamped twice with Always Artichoke Ink on Very Vanilla cardstock, then cut out and placed on the left side.
- Linen Thread was threaded thru the Tangerine Tango (Pumpkin Pie?) button and tied in a bow.
- Finally, Make a Wish from Sweet Essentials was stamped with Always Artichoke Ink on a strip of Very Vanilla, cut with a flag end and placed on the front.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team this week to see their inspirations from this color challenge! Then grab your stamps and play along!