It’s time for another challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary. We have a fun sketch for you to try this week! Our Challenge Team did some FABULOUS things with it!
With the trees starting to change colors and fall in our neighborhood, I was inspired to pull out the Colorful Seasons stamp set and make some of my own leaves!
A while back I had made up a sheet of fall colors by sponging ink on glossy cardstock. I cut a couple leaves out earlier with the Seasonal Layers Thinlits, but still had room to cut a few more. They were perfect for this sketch! Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Cajun Craze cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Early Espresso was decorated with 1-1/2 wide piece of Painted Autumn DSP, then a 1/2 wide strip of the other pattern on top diagonally.
- A Stitched Layer circle was cut from Very Vanilla, stamped with the greeting from Colorful Seasons and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two leaves stamped with Basic Black on the inked glossy cardstock and cut with the Thinlits were adhered to the bottom of the circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A piece of the Copper Trim was opened/frayed, tied in a knot, then added to the top of the leaves.
SO simple, but has a lot of impact, I think! OK…check out the rest of the Challenge Team’s ideas over on Create with Connie and Mary. Plus check out the September Mini Session details…full of ideas using the Holiday Catalog!