Bird Banter was just one of those stamp sets I HAD to have! I love the “punny” little greetings in the set…wish Stampin’ Up! would do more of those with their stamps sets! I made up this quick little birthday card and altered the Lots to Love Box Framelit to make it smaller! Easy to do!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Daffodil Delight cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock.
- The bubble print from Bubble & Fizz Designer Paper (FREE Sale-a-bration selection!) is cut 2 x 4-3/4 and added on top.
- A strip of the Daffodil Delight Double Stitched Ribbon is wrapped around and secured in the back.
- The bird from Bird Banter was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and colored with Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Basic Gray Stampin’ Blends. The tree limb is stamped with Lemon Lime Twist and colored with the Old Olive Stampin’ Blend.
- The bird was punched with the 2″ Circle Punch and added to a 2-1/4 Circle Punch of Tangerine Tango cardstock. Add to front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The birthday hat was stamped with Memento Black Ink and colored with the same Stampin’ Blends. It was cut out by hand and added to the bird’s head.
- The greeting from Bird Banter was stamped with Memento Black Ink under the Designer Paper.
Here’s a closeup of the modified Lots to Love Box:
- Cut two pieces of Daffodil Delight cardstock to 4-1/2 x 5-1/4. Cut with the Lots to Love Box Framelit making sure the rounded tab part of the Framelit is at the top and will cut completely. This will shorten the box because you are not cutting the entire length.
- Put the two pieces together same as normal.
- Decorated the front with a 2-1/4 x 3-3/8 piece of Bubbles & Fizz DSP.
- Wrap the Daffodil Delight Double Stitched Ribbon around the DSP and secure iin the back.
- Stamp and color the bird the same as above. Punch with 2″ circle punch and add to 2-1/4 circle of Tangerine Tango cardstock. Add to front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add Rhinestones around greeting and in circle.
- Stamp Happy Birthday from Bird Banter with Memento Black Ink on Crumb Cake, hand cut into two piece and adhere on front.
Hope you liked my projects! OK…next up on the Control Freaks Blog Hop is my Kelly Acheson…I love her work, too, so I know you’ll enjoy her projects!