Taking a little break from the holiday cards I've been doing for Create with Connie and Mary's Card "Create"tions Edition! I needed a wedding card for a good friend of the family's son who got married on Saturday (Congratulations Luke & Amanda!)
I pulled out a favorite, Everything Eleanor, and matched it up with the Love greeting in Affection Collection. I love the swirly love in that set! I also used my new Illuminate stamp pad…wow…do I love that!!! That's the shimmery/white looking image next to the Midnight Muse one. I was guessing at their colors from the wedding invitation. Ended up the blue was really more our retired Brilliant Blue than Midnight Muse, but the Elegant Eggplant was spot on!
Here are the details:
- Base card is 8 x 9 folded in half to 4 x 9 from Elegant Eggplant cardstock.
- I layered on 3 3/4 x 8 3/4 Midnight Muse Cardstock.
- On the 3 1/2 x 8 1/2 layer of Whisper White, I stamped the swirl from Everything Eleanor in Elegant Eggplant twice on the front.
- I then stamped the two swirl images again with the Illuminate Pad right next to the first ones…lovely…really adds lots of depth!
- I stamped the medallion from Everything Eleanor with Midnight Muse on scrap Whisper White, then cut it out and adhered to the front of the swirls.
- I stamped Love from Affection Collection in Elegant Eggplant on Whisper White, then cut flag ends on it. I layered it on the medallion with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Then I stamped three of the flowers from Everything Eleanor, stamping off once to make them lighter, on scrap Whisper White and cut them out, adding to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- In the center are Pearls.
I also finished off the inside by lining it with Whisper White, then adding the Elegant Eggplant swirl at the bottom with a stamped off flower and the greeting from One in a Million. I think it turned out very elegant and appropriate for their formal wedding!
Join us for our newest session, Card "Create"tions!
- These cards are EXCLUSIVE to our subscription and won't be shown anywhere else.
- 3 week mini-edition that is only cards, October 28 – November 17
- Each designer will choose a holiday or winter set each week and make 3 different cards using that one set.
- Total of 45 unique card ideas from 15 different sets.
- Each card set includes a printable supply list with card measurements and photos.
- Perfect for your classes and stamp camps or to make for your own holiday cards!
AND…as a bonus on Saturdays, each designer will be sharing a little 3D favor that matches the holiday or winter set they chose that week. We will be sharing this favor on our personal blogs, too, but you can easily tie it into your class offering!
Check out the FREE previews on Create with Connie and Mary!