Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week we are showing off our cards with a “Brighter Days Ahead” theme. Quite appropriate these days, isn’t it?
JAR OF FLOWERS
I wanted to use a new set that is available for demos to purchase this month…Jar of Flowers! Sometimes I just love to color, and this set is perfect for that! I also needed to mail off a couple “comfort” cards.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Soft Sea Foam cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- Two 1/2 x 5-1/2 strips of Rococo Rose cardstock was added to the sides of the 3 x 5-1/2 piece of In Good Taste Designer Paper (LOVE that DSP! The prints are SO realistic!), then added to the front of the base card.
- A 1 x 3 piece of In Good Taste DSP was added along the bottom to “ground” the jar.
- The jar in Jar of Flowers was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Soft Sea Foam cardstock, the colored with the Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blends for water. The stems were stamped with Shaded Spruce Ink and colored with Light Shaded Spruce Blends. It was punched with the Jar Punch. It was added to the base card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower bunch was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and colored with Rococo Rose Combo, Daffodil Delight Combo, Soft Sea Foam Combo and Shaded Spruce Combo Stampin’ Blends. A little Light Highland Heather was also used. It was hand-cut and added to the jar top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Itty Bitty Greetings was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and punched with the Classic Label Punch. It was added to the front with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Adhesive Sequins were added to the Label and the background.
We all know that dogs are a person's best friend and Stampin' Up!'s new CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES BUNDLE is adorable and not just for Christmas! These festive Scottish Terrier pups are all ready to wish anyone some cheer any time of the year! In this CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES CARD COLLECTION, we have four all-occasion and two Christmas card ideas for a total of SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Christmas Scotties Stamp Set and Scottie Dog Punch along with the CELEBRATIONS TAG DIES and new Black & White Designs Designer Paper with some bright colors to dress them up! See more details here!
The classically beautiful Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flowers Dies is next up in our collection of tutorials. From buds to blossoms, beautiful floral silhouettes and accent pieces allow you to range from simple to elegant! Six all-occasion greetings will complete the timeless look. Our Cottage Rose Collection has SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flower Dies with the new Abigail Rose Designer Paper and some bright colors in this Collection for a fresh look! See more details HERE!