Our theme this week on the Saturday Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop is “FALL COLORS”! I must admit, I LOVE the colors of Fall, even though it isn’t my FAVORITE season. It just reminds me that dreadful winter is just around the corner! When I first started stamping, my go-to colors were the “Earth Elements” family (anyone else remember that name?) In particular…More Mustard, Old Olive and Eggplant Envy was a popular color combination I used. Coincidentally, our logo has these colors, doesn’t it? SOOOO…for my choice of Fall Colors for this week is the updated version using Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron and Rich Razzleberry! Aren’t these pretty together?
I must admit, I am kicking myself that I didn’t already have the Paisley Framelits to use on this card…would have been a nice touch to add a few. But, I really wanted the colors, DSP, ribbons and greeting to be the star anyway! Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Rich Razzleberry, folded in half.
- The 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 Petals & Paisleys Designer Paper is layered on the 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Crumb Cake cardstock.
- The 3/8″ Ribbon Trio Pack has ribbons in Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaron and Delightful Dijon, so I cut 6-1/2 pieces of each and wrapped to the back of the Crumb Cake to secure. Then added the layer to the base card.
- The greeting from Suite Seasons is stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink on Very Vanilla cardstock, then colored with the Delightful Dijon and Mint Macaron Markers.
- I used the Layering Ovals Framelits to cut the sentiment out and then layered it on a larger Scallop Oval Framelit. I love that we can mix and match the scallops and ovals! It was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
Very quick card, but the ribbons really make it special, I think! Ok…continue around the blog hop to see what the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team did this week on our Saturday Blog Hop by clicking the buttons below.
But first…we’re getting ready to start our September 2016 Mini Session and it’s time to sign up! The September 2016 MINI SESSION is only $8.95 US and we’re using products and stamp sets from the new HOLIDAY Catalog…aren’t you loving the new stuff?
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
Sign up for both September and October for only $17.90 US and we have a Fall BONUS project for you designed by Connie Babbert using the Home Sweet Home Bundle! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary for more details and to sign up now!