We started PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013…did you see the Guest Designer introductions yesterday? We have a wonderful lineup for you this time in the Winter Collection and we are excited to get started! Be watching all week…we are giving away SIX FREE subscriptions to our Winter Collection…just for leaving a comment on that person's blog!
Today, Mary Brown has a wonderful FREE TUTORIAL and some BLOG CANDY for you over on Create with Connie and Mary, you are going to LOVE her darling project. It's definitely something you'll use for gift giving during the holidays and the presentation is SO much fun! I took her idea and complimented it with my gift card holder today!
Isn't he CUTE???? Can you tell what I used? Yes! Then Envelope Liner Framelit Die. I simply folded the Whisper White in half and ran it thru the Big Shot with the bottom fold ABOVE the cut line on the Framelit so I was able to form a pocket when I adhered the sides! Inside the pocket is a note and room for a gift card!
Here are a few details on the punches and things I used:
- The eyes are 1" Marina Mist with 3/4" Basic Black, then highlighted with the White Gel Pen.
- The carrot nose is the Pennant Punch from Pumpkin Pie cardstock, trimmed across the bottom about 1/8". Then I used the Pumpkin Pie Marker to draw a few "lines" for the carrot nose. It is popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals on the front.
- The mouth is made up of 1/2" Basic Black circles.
- The hat band is 3/4" wide Real Red cardstock and the hat is 2" width of Basic Black. I adhere them before I ran it thru with the Envelope Liner Framelit.
- I used the smallest snowflake in Festive Flurry and stamped off with Marina Mist ink on Whisper White, then cut it with the Festive Flurry Framelit and another one from Silver Glimmer Paper. I added a large Rhinestone jewel in the center and placed on front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Inside I stamped a 3 x 4 Whisper White card with stamped off Marina Mist snowflakes randomly.
- I stamped the Tags 4 You greeting with Real Red and punched with the Label Bracket punch.
I'm going to make up a few of these for a Vendor Fair I'm having later this week. I'll make a coordinating envelope, too!
Remember to check out Mary's FUN tutorial today!!!!We are just starting PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary! All week we are introducing our Guest and Design Team Members, giving away FREE TUTORIALS and offering a chance to win BLOG CANDY…a FREE subscription to Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013! It is also the last week for Early Bird savings, so make sure you sign up! It's all about Christmas and Winter projects! It's not too early to start planning those gifts and decorating and we have lots of GREAT ideas to help you! See more information over on Create with Connie and Mary!