It's time for another Stampin'' Up! Only Challenge and this time it is all about BANNERS! They are SO popular now and you see all different types! I'm amazed at how different all the Design Team cards were this week! Go check them out on SUO Challenges blog to see for yourself!
Here's my version. I did a "bunting" style banner using the smallest Starburst Framelits and scoring them almost in half. Doesn't it give the banner a completely different look than the triangles or pennants?
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I cut a 4 x 5 1/2 layer of the green print in Sweet Sorbet Designer Paper (SAB selection!) and used the Starburst Framelit to cut out the starburst in the lower right corner.
- I strung some White Bakers Twine across the left top corner and adhered the ends in the back.
- I cut 5 of the smallest Starburst Framelits from Always Artichoke cardstock, then scored them slightly off center (about 5/8"). Then I fitted the Starbursts around the Bakers Twine. Two of the center ones are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I tied bows of White Bakers Twine and added them to the ends with Mini Glue Dots.
- I used the flower Itty Bitty Punch and punched 5 So Saffron flowers and added small Rhinestones in the center.
- I placed the Designer Paper layer on the Whisper White Base, then stamped the bunny image from Eggstra Spectacular with Black Stazon thru the Starburst opening on the Whisper White.
- I used my AquaPainter and So Saffron Marker to watercolor the bunny. I also watercolored over the greeting with Pistachio Pudding Marker.
- Finally, I added a trio of the flower Itty Bitty punches under the greeting with Rhinestones in the center.
I think it is such a sweet little card! Again, make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges and come play along!