THREE years ago, I made a folded Christmas tree from 1/2 of a circle and used it on this card. See the original post HERE.
That post has gotten the most traffic in all the years I've had my blog…over 130,000 hits on that one post alone. Every day during the year I get at least a few, but around this time of year that jumps to several hundred a day! That doesn't include the hits that come to my home page to find the template (see the right side column of my blog for the link to the template). I know the folded tree was on the cover of Scrapbooks, Etc. magazine a few years ago with a credit to my blog, and has hit the Cricut board and, of course, Pinterest! I'm in AWE! I've done a couple versions of it…you can find them here:
Since that time, I've seen hundreds of different versions from different people. So, I thought it time that I updated that tree for THIS year! Our Season of Style papers are perfect for it. TIP: When you do the tree, make sure that the bottom of the tree is even across, then make the top folds accordingly. That gives the tree balance. Every one I do turns out a little different!
This time I used the largest Scallop Circle in Stampin' Up!'s Circle Framelits. It measures about 4 3/4". Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Old Olive, folded in half.
- I embossed the 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White with the Stylish Stripes Folder.
- I used a 1 1/2 x 5 1/4 strip of the plaid pattern in Season of Style Designer Paper, then added a 1/4" strip of Champagne Glimmer Paper across the bottom.
- I cut the background circle from Crumb Cake with the Circle Framelits and stamped the greeting from Christmas Messages in Chocolate Chip on the right side.
- I added the Folded Christmas Tree along the left side made from Season of Style DSP, then added a Chocolate Chip trunk. At the top, I cut the smallest circle from Cherry Cobbler cardstock, and added a punched star from Champagne Glimmer Paper. (Star available on the carryover list!)
- I thought the circle needed a little something, so tied a small piece of Cherry Cobbler 1" Stitched Edge Ribbon with a knot and placed with Mini Glue Dots.
What do you think? Although I still love the original one, I do like my updated version, too! Hope you are inspired!
We are just starting Week 4 over on Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013! This week we are showing off some FABULOUS Last Minute Gift Ideas for the holidays! These will be perfect for your holiday classes or gift giving! AND, it's not too late to join! Sign up today and you'll be one of the first to see our Week 4 projects and you can refer back to the projects we've already done for up to a year after the edition ends! Really…these projects are just TOO CUTE to miss! For $29.95 US, you are getting over 42 step-by-step photo project tutorials and card ideas all geared for the winter holidays! Join us today!