Today is my Mother-in-law's birthday! I decided to play along with SCS's Color Challenge today…Crumb Cake, Basic Black and Very Vanilla, with a dessert of Clean & Classy (CC412). Do you think I succeeded in the Clean & Classy? It also fits the Less is More challenge, Kraft & Kreme!
Many different ways I could have gone with this, but I pulled out the new Sale-A-Bration set, Patterned Occasions, to stamp. My Mother-in-law loves coffee and tea, so it is pretty appropriate! Of course, I had to use my FAVORITE embossed background right now…Honeycomb! Then I needed to find some designer paper with Crumb Cake or Black. Not many black, but I did find this pattern in Print Poetry Designer Paper Stack…perfect! I like the way the circles mimic the background embossing.
Here are the details:
- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Very Vanilla, folded in half to make base card, then the front embossed with the Honeycomb Folder.
- I layered a 2 x 4 1/4 piece of Print Poetry DSP on top of 2 1/4 x 4 1/4 of Basic Black cardstock and adhered to the front.
- I cut the second from smallest Window Frame Framelit from Basic Black, then paper pierced with the template around it.
- I used Basic Black and Crumb Cake Markers to ink up the teacup, then stamped on Very Vanilla and punched with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch.
- I stamped Mom from Family Reunion with Basic Black on a 1/2" strip of Crumb Cake cardstock, then cut a flag end and tucked it under the DSP.
- Finally, I made a bow from Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon and added a Black Glimmer Brad to the center of it, then placed with a Mini Glue Dot on front.
- I added a Rhinestone Jewel to the center of the heart "steam".
I hope she likes it! I think she will!
We're showing off the FANTASTIC Kits in the Spring Mini this week! Some great class ideas! It's not too late to sign up for the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition 2013! We are just starting Week 3, and you can access all the tutorials we've done so far! $34.95 US for more than 30 step-by-step PHOTO tutorials, you can't go wrong! We're featuring the products in the Spring and Sale-a-Bration minis. You won't see these projects ANYWHERE else…not even previews! Join us today