Gosh! I rarely have time to play along with challenges anymore, except for our Create with Connie and Mary ones, but The Paper Players has a Christmas in July theme and Freshly Made Sketches has a pretty sketch challenge…a match made in heaven!
Here’s what I came up with combining both challenges and using the new Stampin’ Up! This Christmas Specialty Designer Paper! Aren’t those patterns pretty?
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cherry Cobbler, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of This Christmas Specialty DSP. If you haven’t seen this DSP yet, it is a lighter newspaper weight DSP with MORE sheets per package of the same patterns!
- On the reverse of the DSP was this fun stripe, so I cut off a row and used as the accent across the bottom.
- The largest Layering Oval was used to cut the Very Vanilla cardstock, then Peace on Earth was stamped with Chocolate Chip Ink towards the bottom.
- The outline poinsettia from Reason for the Season was stamped twice with Chocolate Chip Ink on Very Vanilla, then the inside with Cherry Cobbler and the leaves with Garden Green. An AquaPainter and Cherry Cobbler Marker was used to fill in the rest of the petals. The full flower was cut by hand, and the other center was cut out and popped up on top .
- The branches were stamped with Chocolate Chip Ink and hand cut.
- The center was filled with small Pearls.
That’s it! I really like how this turned out!
Don’t forget…TODAY (Friday) is the LAST DAY to register for our Create with Connie and Mary LIVE Event being held on July 30th! And…we’ll be starting the July Mini Session in a few days! TWO events that you don’t want to miss! Find out more details over on Create with Connie and Mary!