Wow! It has been ONE YEAR since Freshly Made Sketches began! I love their clean and crisp sketch challenges! For their One Year Anniversary, they opened up the archive sketches and we could pick any one to play along with. I'm getting in right under the deadline! I tried to get this done this weekend, then ended up buying a new computer. I love the new computer…hate the learning curve and getting everything transferred over!!!
I chose Sketch #2 to follow:
And here is my card featuring Scentsational Seasons and one of the envelopes from Season of Sweets Designer Kit! I had several left over from a project I did for Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Edition, so thought I'd use one! I turned it into a shaker card! Isn't that fun? Wouldn't the recipient have fun shaking it and seeing the "snow" move around. It is actually the retired beads Stampin' Up! used to sell!
Here's how I made it:
- The base of the card is Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. I layered on the house print from Snow Festival Designer Paper.
- I cut a 3×3 square from another Snow Festival DSP pattern with the house on it, layered that on Cherry Cobbler and then a 4×4 square of Gumball Green to fit inside the Season of Sweets envelope. I adhered it to the inside back so it stayed in place.
- I added the Neutral Beads to the envelope, then sealed the flap on the back very well so those beads don't escape!
- I attached it to the front of the base card.
- I stamped the gingerbread boy from Scentsational Seasons with Early Espresso on Whisper White, then cut with the Holiday Collection framelits. He is popped up on the front of the envelope with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I stamped the greeting from Sweet Essentials on Whisper White with Early Espresso ink and cut the flag end on it.
- I added some rhinestones to the buttons on the gingerbread for a little bling!
Super cute, I think!!! I was happy it came out like I pictured it in my head! Thanks Freshly Made Sketches for a FUN year…happy anniversary!!! I look forward to playing along a lot more during your second year!