I love today's sketch over on SCS (SC422), so I grabbed my stamps and played along! I was pretty set on what I was going to do, although the straight lines in the background of the sketch became "skewed" on my card…more like this week's Create with Connie and Mary sketch! I took creative license! lol!
Here is my card using the Spring Mini set, Secret Garden, and the matching framelits! I think this one flower looks like a daffodil! I am certainly anxious to see the real ones around here…soon, I hope!
Here are the details:
- 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half to make base card.
- 3 x 4 1/4 piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock and 2 3/4 x 4 chevron striped paper from Summer Smooches Designer Paper and layered crossways in the background.
- I stamped the large flower in Secret Garden twice with Early Espresso Ink on Daffodil Delight and the center portion only twice on Pumpkin Pie. I also stamped the leaves with Always Artichoke Ink on Whisper White.
- I cut out the two Daffodil Delight flowers with the Secret Garden Framelit, then handcut the centers out of the Pumpkin Pie ones and also cut out the leaves with the matching framelit.
- I layered the two Pumpkin Pie centers together and adhered to the center of one of the Daffodil Delight flowers. With the other Daffodil Delight flower, I cut up the petals separately and adhered them over top of the first Daffodil delight flower, tucking the edge under the Pumpkin Pie centers.
- I used a Pumpkin Pie Mini Brad to hold all the layers together and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals on the front of the base card, along with tucking the leaves behind the flower.
- The Sweet Essentials greeting is stamped with Early Espresso on a 1/2" strip of Whisper White, cut with a flag end and tucked under the Daffodil flower.
Here's a closeup of the flower:
Hope you like it!
We're showing off the FANTASTIC Kits in the Spring Mini this week! Some great class ideas! It's not too late to sign up for the Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition 2013! We are just starting Week 3, and you can access all the tutorials we've done so far! $34.95 US for more than 30 step-by-step PHOTO tutorials, you can't go wrong! We're featuring the products in the Spring and Sale-a-Bration minis. You won't see these projects ANYWHERE else…not even previews! Join us today!