The challenge this time on Stampin' Up! Only Challenges is to use a Fun Fold on our card! I wanted to do something that I hadn't seen before…so I was inspired by a layout. I thought the center panel could easily be made using a Fun Fold instead of a layer on the card and it worked!
Here's the inside with the flap flipped up!
Here are the details!
- The base of Cherry Cobbler is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (it does not open)
- I cut a 2 x 5 3/4" piece of Gumball Green and score it at 1/2".
- I adhered the flap of the Gumball Green cardstock behind the polka dot pattern from Be of Good Cheer DSP, then added it to the base card so that the flap flips open to reveal the greeting underneath.
- On the front of the Gumball Green strip, I cut a 1 x 5 1/4" of Red Glimmer Paper and adhered it.
- I cut two Apothecary Accents, one from Gumball Green and one from Cherry Cobbler.
- I stamped Season's Greetings from More Merry Messages stamp set on the front of the Cherry Cobbler Accent with Chocolate Chip ink.
- I pierced around the edges of both the accents with the Essentials Paper Piecing Pack.
- The Cherry Cobbler one is adhered over the front Gumball Green tab.
- I stamped 4 of the Gingerbread boy from Scentsational Seasons in Chocolate Chip on scrap Very Vanilla and cut with the Holiday Collection Framelits.
- I adhered three of them along the front Gumball Green strip with Stampin' Dimensionals, making sure that they didn't adhere to the card base.
- I added a 1 7/8" x 5 1/4" of Cherry Cobbler cardstock in the center of the polka dot DSP (it will be hidden behind the Gumball Green when closed)
- I also added the Gumball Green Apothecary Accent behind the Cherry Cobbler one on the base card (hidden when closed), stamped with the inside greeting from More Merry Messages in Chocolate Chip.
- The last Gingerbread Boy was added inside.
- I used some Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine to make bows for the outside Gingerbread Boys. Inside I added three 1/8" circles of Glimmer Paper (I used the cupcake punch).
I thought this was an easy FUN FOLD to make and fit the challenge! Make sure to check out the rest of the Fun Fold Cards over on SUO Challenges…the design team did an awesome job!