For the two older grandkids, I bought some Halloween Stickers, Gel Wraps, Halloween bubbles and small paddle games and needed a bag to put them all in. Of course, a few candy eyeballs and chocolates found there way inside, too.
Since a handled kraft bag was just too plain, I decided to decorate the outside as a Haunted House using Sweet Home and Spooky Cat stamps and the Home Sweet Home Thinlits and At Home Thinlits. Think they turned out pretty cute!
Here are the details:
- The doors were cut from Basic Black with the At Home Thinlit, the window cut out and backed with Crushed Curry cardstock. A 1/4″circle was cut from Silver cardstock for the door knob.
- A 1-1/4 x 8-1/2 strip of Garden Green cardstock was cut with the Fringe Scissors (on the Clearance Rack).
- Spooky Cat was punched from Basic Black with the Cat punch and face with Craft White Ink.
- A few pumpkins were cut from the Spooky Night DSP.
- Ghosts were stamped from Sweet Home with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and cut with the Home Sweet Home Thinlits.
- The windows from Home Sweet Home Thinlets were cut from Rich Razzleberry cardstock, then layered on Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black cardstock.
- The roof was cut 8-1/2 x 8-1/2 and scored at 4-1/4, then punched along the edge with Non-SU Spider Web Border punch that I’ve had forever! I measured where the handles belonged, and trimmed out the area between them so the roof slips over the handles. The chimney was adhered inside the cutouts for the handles. A 1 x 8-1/2 strip of Spooky Night DSP was added across the front of the roof.
- A couple bats were cut from Home Sweet Home Thinlets and added on the front, too.
I hope the kids like them!!! Now to come up with something for the babies! lol!
OK…remember that today is the last day for the Designer Papers Sale – Buy 3 and get the 4th one free! Use Host Code:
ALSO, Stampin’ Blends are available tomorrow, November 1st! I have a special gift for anyone who purchases the full set…a 6×6 sampling of all the patterns in the Just Add Color Specialty Designer Paper! A perfect way to practice coloring with them! Email me for details!
Stampin’ Blends Features
- Add just the right amount of color where you need it with the brush tip or fine-point.
- Each color (except Ivory and Bronze) has a light and dark shade marker, available individually or in a combo pack.
- We have done in-house testing for evaporation and life testing and are really happy with the results.
- Press fit seal prevents air from entering the barrel and causing evaporation.
- The nestable lids are easy to keep track of and have a tight fit for long-lasting color.