We are just ending up Week 2 over on Create with Connie and Mary's Card "Create"tions for All Occasions! Like we did last week, all of the designers have come up with a little favor to go along with the stamp set they featured this week. Mine, obviously, was the Henry Says stamp set from the Spring Mini! I made this cute little fold-over box! EDIT: Directions are now included below!
Inside I have a little cello bag full of candies.
Here are the directions on how to make the two-piece box.
- Cut one Lucky Limeade piece 2 1/2 x 10 3/4 for the fold over sleeve, score at 2 1/4, 3 1/4, and 7 1/4.
- Cut a second Lucky Limeade piece for the box inside at 4 1/2 x 5 1/2. With the 4 1/2 at top of Simply Scored Tool, score at 1 and 3 1/2. Turn and with 5 1/2 at top, score at 2 1/4 and 3 1/4. Cut out center tab pieces on each side of box piece and adhere flaps together on each side.
- Fold sleeve pieces on score lines. Adhere bottom of box to the 1" area on the sleeve piece.
- Fold 2 1/4 piece on sleeve up over front of the box and adhere.
- Adhere back of box to back portion of the sleeve.
- Cut a 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 piece of Lucky Limeade, emboss with the Delicate Designs Folder and trim with the Large Scallop Edgelit.
- Adhere just the bottom of the embossed piece to the bottom front of the sleeve. You want room for the top flap to fit down behind the embossed piece to keep the box closed.
- Cut 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 piece of Floral District Designer Paper and adhere on the front.
- Then I stamped the trio of blackbirds from Henry Says stamp set on Whisper White with Black Stazon, stamped the pennant again with Melon Mambo and placed over the black one with Stampin' Dimensionals. I cut it out with the Label Framelits and layered on a Decorated Label Punch of Melon Mambo cardstock. It is popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals!
- Cut out the small flower from one of the DSP prints and add to top with a Rhinestone Jewel in the center.
It turned out really cute and I think my Stamp Clubs will be making one of these this month!!! They should like it!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did this week with their little favors that match the stamp sets they used! AND…then…have you joined us at Card "Create"tions? Find out more on Create with Connie and Mary!