Ahh, the things we do for our kids…even when they aren’t living at home anymore! Our son drove his wife and Carter to her parents’ home a few states away, then flew back home. He asked us to pick him up at the airport. No problem! Well, the original time to arrive was 11:45 PM…late enough! But because of storms and delays, he ended up getting in at 2:00 AM! Yep…this puppy is dragging today even though I got to sleep in a little. Our poor son had to get up early and go into work! I see a nap in my afternoon plans.
I was originally going to use this card for one of my Create with Connie and Mary challenges, but decided to go a different route. So, I thought I’d share it now. The Blended Bloom stamp is perfect for practicing with the Blendabilities. I hope they will be available to customers soon!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Pool Party, folded in half.
- I embossed the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White with the Honeycomb folder.
- On top of that I added the chevron pattern from Brights Backgrounds DSP.
- The flower I stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Pad on Whisper White and used the Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie Assortments of Blendabilities, then I cut it out. I added a Pearl in the center and placed it on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped Seize the Cake from Something to Say with Tuxedo Black on Pumpkin Pie cardstock and cut a flag end.
- Finally, I punched two flowers from Itty Bitty Accessories from Pool Party and added Pearls to the center.
I really like how the warm yellow and orange pops against the coolness of the Pool Party!
Yes…you read that right…Create with Connie and Mary is going LIVE!!! Mary and I won’t be going to convention so we decided to have some fun with a one-day MINI Convention! If you live around the Dayton, Columbus, Cincinnati, Eastern Indiana, Kentucky, etc, and want to have some stamping fun, don’t wait…join the fun!