Yes! Our very first DESIGN TEAM BLOG HOP over at Create with Connie and Mary to celebrate PREVIEW WEEK! We're getting ready to start our CARDS ONLY Edition, Card Create-tions 2014, featuring stamp sets and products from the main and Occasions catalogs! You've probably just come from designer, Deb Currier's blog…love her classy style!
Here's my card using So Very Grateful, one of the sets I'm featuring during this session of Card Create-tions 2014! I love how easy this image is to watercolor! And, it looks so great combined with Gingham Garden Designer Paper. I used three different patterns on here…a great way to use up those leftover narrow strips!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White folded in half to make the base card.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Daffodil Delight across the front.
- On the 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 layer of checked Gingham Garden DSP, I added a 3/4 x 5 1/8" strip of the yellow stripe pattern, then added a 1/2 x 5 1/8" strip of the pink pattern and added them to the front.
- I stamped the floral image from So Very Grateful with Black Stazon on Whisper White, then cut with the Oval Framelit. I watercolored with Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Strawberry Slush and Island Indigo Stampin' Write Markers. I popped it up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- In the center of the flowers, I added small pearls.
- Next I stamped the greeting with Island Indigo on Whisper White and hand-cut it out. I also placed it with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I thought it needed a little extra bling. I used some Candy Dots on the DSP strip above the greeting!
So…go on to our next stop, Mary Brown's blog! You are going to love her card, I'm sure! Enjoy the Design Team's Blog Hop!
Debbie Henderson says
Connie, the gingham looks fabulous with your perfectly colored flowers. Very nice card!
Joan VanCourt says
Lovely card and a great way to use those papers.
Pam Selinski says
This card is so cute. The DSP is one of my favorites (I love the brightness of the colors) The stamp set is versatile and what you did with it is just darling. Love it.
I love how you layered the different patterns of dsp! And the stamped image is beautifully colored! Gorgeous!!
My favorite paper!! Love the stamp set too!
Robin Messenheimer says
I love Gingham Garden, and this is such a nice background for this stamp. Love your coloring, too!
Such a pretty card, it is so bright and cheerful–I love it!
Erika Clark says
I love what you did with this pretty stamp… The alternated coloring of the leaves and shaded blossoms are so pretty!
Sue Brandon says
Love, Love this DP and the way you used different ones on the same card….that is a lovely image….
Patricia @ Stamped Sentiments says
Very pretty! I just got the So Very Grateful stamp set and can't wait to play with it. Love your use of it here with the Gingham Garden dsp; it's one of my fav's!
Nicole Tugrul says
I LOVE the gingham on your card!! It looks wonderful paired with the flowers from So Very Grateful. Absolutely gorgeous card!!