This card was made almost entirely out of scrap pieces that were on my desk or in the scrap bin. I love it when I can use them up! My Stamp Club did this card design for Club this month using a different stamp set, but I changed it up with the scraps I had to use and think it turned out pretty awesome!
I love our framelits…I'm hoping for LOTS more of them in the future! This one I used the Circle Framelits to do the peek-a-boo to the inside verse!
Here's the inside:
I love the color combination…Midnight Muse and Whisper White…nice in crisp, with a touch of the HOT Cherry Cobbler ink on the dove! Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I cut a large circle from the 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White and embossed it with the Beautiful Baroque folder. TIP: Do the embossing AFTER the cutting!
- Place that layer on the 4 x 5 1/4 Midnight Muse, then on the front of the Whisper White card base.
- Place the next smaller Circle Framelit inside the rim of the cut circle and cut thru both the Midnight Muse and base Whisper White so the inside peeks through.
- Stamp the Calm Christmas dove with Cherry Cobbler ink and cut out. Place on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Punch the leaves from the Bird Punch and Silver Foil cardstock, place in the bird's beak with Mini Glue Dots and add a small pearl for the Dove's eye.
- Inside, stamp the O Holy Night greeting on a 3 x 4 1/4 piece of Whisper White with Midnight Muse Ink, then layer on a 3 1/8 x 4 3/8 piece of Midnight Muse. Line it up so that the greeting peeks thru the front circle properly.
I love how it turned out! Hope you do, too!
ONLY 3 MORE DAYS!!!
STOCK UP ADHESIVE SALE!!!