This month Create with Connie and Mary is featuring “music in the 90s” themes!!! So, one of the songs that popped into my head was Michael’s Jackson’s Black or White. They still play that song a lot on the channel I listen to! So, our Design Team was challenged with cards that are black or white, or a combination of both…but NO color! I was struggling with what to do when I saw this new bat stamp from Spooky Sweets stamp set sitting on my desk…voila! I’m still waiting on my bat punch to get here…can’t believe I forgot to order the bundle instead of just the stamp set!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black Cardstock.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, the bats from Spooky Sweets stamp set were stamped with Memento Black Ink randomly in the background.
- The Black Shimmer Ribbon was added to the front and adhered in the back.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White cardstock, then cut with the Layering Circles Framelits and matted on a scallop circle of Basic Black cardstock. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two small black Faceted Dots were added next to the greeting for a little bling.
SOOO fun isn’t it…love that Spooky Sweets stamp set! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s creations and THEIR “Black or White” card by continuing on with the blog hop…they will have some wonderful ideas! Next up is our Create with Connie & Mary website and then Mary Brown and her creative design!
We are SO excited to be launching our new Christmas is Coming series over the next five weeks! We know some of you like to plan ahead and need ideas for your classes or holiday cards! This series of Collections is for you! Each WEEK we will feature a new stamp set/bundle and offer tutorials with THREE cards and ONE small gift item...great for friends and co-workers...or for those craft sales coming up! Our first week features the SNOW IS GLISTENING BUNDLE with stamp set and Snowfall Thinlits, designed by Connie and Mary! See more details HERE!