This month Create with Connie and Mary is moving on from 80s music to music in the 90s!!! Of course, one of the most popular songs in the 90s is Elton John’s “Candle in the Wind”. Think that theme is pretty appropriate for a birthday card, don’t you? So I came up with a card using the Broadway Bound Designer Paper for my birthday card…love that metallic gold shine it has!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Gray Granite cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black cardstock was embossed with the Sutble Embossing Folder. (I’m LOVING that folder!!!)
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 layer of Broadway Bound polka dots Designer Paper was added across the front towards the top.
- A length of 1/8 Gold Cord was placed across and secured in the back.
- A Layering Circle was cut form Gray Granite cardstock and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Three candles were cut from the Broadway Bound Designer Paper and added to the circle with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Celebrate from Celebrate You Thinlits was cut from Gold Glimmer Paper and added to the front with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
Shiny and sparkling and OH SO FUN for a special birthday card, even though it has absolutely NO stamping on it! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s creations and THEIR “Candle in the Wind” card by continuing on with the blog hop…they will have some wonderful ideas! Next up is our Create with Connie & Mary website and then Mary Brown and her creative design!
Marilyn W. says
Love it, love it, love it! You’ve out done yourself this week, Connie.