This week on Create with Connie and Mary we made Cute or Sweet Halloween Cards. Halloween doesn’t HAVE to be spooky! Stampin’ Up! has a really cute set, Trick or Tweet, that is perfect for this theme! And that little bird ghost is just about as sweet as you can get! We made this card at my recent Holiday Catalog Launch.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Lemon Lime Twist cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 3-3/4 x 4-3/4 piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock that has been run thru the Corrugated Embossing Folder. TIP: Make sure to dampen your cardstock first so it doesn’t tear. Adhere to the front.
- A 3/4 x 4-1/4 strip of Toil and Trouble DSP was added across the front.
- The “moon” is a 2-1/4″ Circle punched from Crushed Curry cardstock and sponged with Pumpkin Pie Ink and adhered to the front.
- The bird/ghost and pumpkin bag from Trick or Tweet is stamped with Memento Black on Whisper White, colored with markers, then hand-cut and adhered to the moon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A 1/8 x 3-1/4 strip of Silver Glimmer Paper is added as a “ground” under the bird.
- Trick or Tweet was stamped on the moon with Memento Black Ink.
- The bat was punched with Spooky Bats Punch from Basic Black cardstock and added with a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
- A couple Rhinestone jewels were added to the bat, moon and background for a little bling.
Now…isn’t that a CUTE Halloween card? I think so! OK…continue on with the Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop to see what the rest of the Design team has done with their Hello to Fall challenge this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
We are SO excited that we just had to publish a special release with a NEW collection of tutorials for the Painted Seasons Bundle right away! We have coordinated our tutorials with the Well Said Bundle, but any greetings could be used. There are tutorials for three cards (one a special fold) and a home décor 3D project. See the details HERE!
Don't you just LOVE the bright and cheery colors and fun images in Stampin' Up!'s How Sweet It Is Suite of products? Our Sweetest Thing Collection uses the entire suite! We have three cards (one a special fold) and a FUN 3D project, that will just BRIGHTEN your day! All are designed by Connie and Mary and exclusive to our subscribers! See all the details HERE!