This week on Create with Connie and Mary we made Cute or Sweet Halloween Cards. Halloween doesn’t HAVE to be spooky! Stampin’ Up! has a really cute set, Trick or Tweet, that is perfect for this theme! And that little bird ghost is just about as sweet as you can get! We made this card at my recent Holiday Catalog Launch.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Lemon Lime Twist cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 3-3/4 x 4-3/4 piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock that has been run thru the Corrugated Embossing Folder. TIP: Make sure to dampen your cardstock first so it doesn’t tear. Adhere to the front.
- A 3/4 x 4-1/4 strip of Toil and Trouble DSP was added across the front.
- The “moon” is a 2-1/4″ Circle punched from Crushed Curry cardstock and sponged with Pumpkin Pie Ink and adhered to the front.
- The bird/ghost and pumpkin bag from Trick or Tweet is stamped with Memento Black on Whisper White, colored with markers, then hand-cut and adhered to the moon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A 1/8 x 3-1/4 strip of Silver Glimmer Paper is added as a “ground” under the bird.
- Trick or Tweet was stamped on the moon with Memento Black Ink.
- The bat was punched with Spooky Bats Punch from Basic Black cardstock and added with a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
- A couple Rhinestone jewels were added to the bat, moon and background for a little bling.
Now…isn’t that a CUTE Halloween card? I think so! OK…continue on with the Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop to see what the rest of the Design team has done with their Hello to Fall challenge this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: WMGYQXSV