Hello everyone! The theme for this week’s Create with Connie and Mary’s Saturday Blog Hop is “Motivational Greetings”. This is a WIDE open interpretation…Stampin’ Up! has a lot of great greetings in their stamp sets. It was hard just choosing one! I went with the greeting in Cozy Cottage Hostess set…”A journey is always better with a friend”. Very appropriate as I am with friends at a stamping retreat as I type this post!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Early Espresso cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 4 piece of True Gentlemen Designer Paper was added across the left side.
- 3-1/4 x 5 piece of Sahara Sand cardstock is added on the front.
- The cottage from Cozy Cottage stamp set was stamped with Black Archival Ink and then watercolored with Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Real Red and Sahara Sand and an AquaPainter. It was added to the Sahara Sand layer.
- A 1/8 x 5 strip of Night of Navy cardstock was added across the front.
- The “motivational” greeting was stamped with Black Archival Ink was stamped on Sahara Sand and the punched with the Tailored Tag Punch.
- A couple gold Metallic Enamel Shapes were added to the tag.
OK…make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s creations by continuing on with the blog hop…they will have some wonderful ideas! Next up is our Create with Connie & Mary website and then Mary Brown and her creative design!
Stampin' Up! has designed a "Make a Difference" stamp set called Nature's Beauty in the Holiday Catalog, where $3 of every sale goes towards mental health organizations in each market. To support this endeavor, we have created a collection of SIX card tutorials featuring the Nature's Beauty stamp set! We've already done the design work for you with step-by-step directions and cutting information for our SIX unique card design tutorials! More details here!