OK…time for another Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Hop! This month our theme is techniques. It was my turn and I selected Punch Art for this week’s technique.
You’ve probably just come from Deb Currier’s blog, didn’t you love her card?
Here’s mine! I’ve been wanting to do a guitar using punch art! I’ve seen a few examples, but here is my take on it!
Fun, isn’t it? Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Cherry Cobbler folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black.
- On top of that, the 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer of Smoky Slate was stamped with the Be The Star stamp set stars in Smoky Slate diagonally across the front.
- A Crushed Curry star was cut with the Star Framelits and stamped with the Rock Star greeting in the same stamp set.
- The guitar was made by punching the Owl Punch from Cherry Cobbler cardstock. The neck of the guitar is a long rectangle of Basic Gray. The hole in the guitar is a 1/2″ Circle punch of Basic Black, with a little rectangle piece to hold the “strings”.
- At the top of the neck are two Owl Punch hearts adhered sideways.
- A White Gel Pen and ruler made the “strings” on the guitar. Then the guitar is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, I added some In Color Confetti red stars to the front for sparkler.
That’s it for me! OK…continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Tour to see what Mary Brown’s card looks like!
what a cute & clever idea….. thx for sharing your wonderful creativity
Mary Alice Bellis says
Love the guitar, and you don\’t know how many times I wished I had a guitar stamp. Problem solved thanks to you.
joyce pacer says
Connie, I have to case this for my Grandson’s birthday card. Thanks for sharing.
Margaret Raburn says
What a great use for that owl punch! Just too cute!!