Oh yes! Time for a fun sketch challenge on Create with Connie and Mary! This one seems to feature small little images, those that I have trouble using, so I was happy to have a sketch idea to start!
I decided to use the Christmas set, Jolly Bingo Bits…there are some really cute images in it. A few of them I've seen made into words, so I spelled out JOY with mine! This was a second choice for me…I had originally planned to use the Merry Minis punched trees…until I saw that two of the other Challenge Team members used that image! lol!
This card is pretty basic and lays FLAT…I like that for Christmas Cards. One of the points we made with the Card "Create"tions Edition…we wanted the cards designed to be MAILABLE…without extra postage costs! Now, this one is square, but made to fit in a regular sized envelope at 4 1/4 x 4 1/4.
- The base card is Very Vanilla, cut 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 and folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 4 square of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- On top of that is a layer of Candlelight Christmas Designer Paper, cut 3 3/4 x 3 3/4.
- I used the Apothecary Accent framelit and cut it out of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- I trimmed a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper to fit inside the rectangle portion.
- On scrap Very Vanilla, I stamped the candy cane for the J in Cherry Cobbler ink. The wreath for the O was inked with Lucky Limeade, then used a Cherry Cobbler marker on the berries. The holly for the Y was inked with Lucky Limeade, stamped, then colored the berries with Cherry Cobbler.
- Love how this spelled out JOY. Each image was punched with the 1" Circle Punch, then popped up on the front of the Glimmer Paper with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I added some Rhinestone Jewels in the tab part of the Apothecary Accent Framelit.
- Oh, I tied a small knot in the Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon and placed with a Mini Glue Dot on the wreath for the bow!
What an easy card to make for Christmas Cards, even if you had a bunch to make! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week on Create with Connie and Mary!
And…don't forget! We've just started our Christmas/Winter Card "Create"tions Edition! Join us for our newest session featuring only cards!
- These cards are EXCLUSIVE to our subscription and won't be shown anywhere else.
- 3 week mini-edition that is only cards, October 28 – November 17
- Each designer will choose a holiday or winter set each week and make 3 different cards using that one set.
- Total of 45 unique card ideas from 15 different sets.
- Each card set includes a printable supply list with card measurements and photos.
- Perfect for your classes and stamp camps or to make for your own holiday cards!
AND…as a bonus on Saturdays, each designer will be sharing a little 3D favor that matches the holiday or winter set they chose that week. We will be sharing this favor on our personal blogs, too, but you can easily tie it into your class offering!
Check out the FREE previews on Create with Connie and Mary!