On Create with Connie and Mary, we have a fun color challenge for you to try. Now, since we are in the middle of Holiday/Winter Card "Create"tions, Mary and I challenged ourselves to use these colors in a Holiday/Winter theme, although they really are more suited to fall! Well…let me tell you, it was HARD! lol! But, I do like what I ended up with…and Mary's is darling, too! Make sure to check it out on Create with Connie and Mary, along with the rest of the Challenge Team's cards!
So here is my card! I remember my brother having a rust/navy winter coat…I'm sure he probably had mittens to go along with it, so that inspired my card!
Here are the details!
- The Midnight Muse cardstock is 4 1/4 x 11, folded in half to make the base card.
- I added a layer of Cajun Craze, 4 x 5 1/4.
- On top of that is Very Vanilla, cut to 3 3/4 x 5.
- I added a 2" pennant of Midnight Muse chevron pattern from Comfort Cafe, then the 1" Cajun Craze pattern on top. Next is the 1/2" strip of More Mustard cardstock. I curled the ends slightly away from the card.
- I punched a Decorative Label from Champagne Glimmer Paper
- I stamped the greeting from More Merry Messages in Midnight Muse on Cajun Craze, the cut it with the small Label Framelit and added those to the front.
- I inked up and stamped the mittens once in More Mustard, once in Midnight Muse and once in Cajun Craze and punched the with the Build a Mitten punch. I used the Midnight Muse top piece and cut the Cajun Craze design out. Both were adhered on the More Mustard mittens.
- I added a bow made from the Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.
Although I used this for a Christmas card, just change out the greeting to birthday wishes and it would make a nice masculine card!
Make a Mitten is one of the stamp sets we are featuring next week on Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions! It's not too late to join. Here are the details again.
- These cards are EXCLUSIVE to our subscription and won't be shown anywhere else.
- 3 week mini-edition that is only cards, October 28 – November 17
- Each designer will choose a holiday or winter set each week and make 3 different cards using that one set.
- Total of 45 unique card ideas from 15 different sets.
- Each card set includes a printable supply list with card measurements and photos.
- Perfect for your classes and stamp camps or to make for your own holiday cards!
AND…as a bonus on Saturdays, each designer will be sharing a little 3D favor that matches the holiday or winter set they chose that week. We will be sharing this favor on our personal blogs, too, but you can easily tie it into your class offering!
Check out the FREE previews on Create with Connie and Mary!