We have a special challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary. Actually, it is a DOUBLE challenge and it lasts TWO weeks because of the Thanksgiving holiday in the US! In addition to the sketch challenge below, we added a SHAPE challenge to it…use your dies or framelits to make a shaped card!
And, here is my shaped card with the Punch Art Snowman! You may remember that I made up this punch art snowman card last year…you can see it HERE. I resurrected the snowman to use it on my shaped card, but added a few twists!
Here are the details:
- Cut two of the Label Framelits (second largest size) from Primrose Petals cardstock. Score one of the approx. 3/4" from edge. Place Sticky Strip on the 3/4" edge. Adhere the two pieces together to form the base card.
- Trim off the point on the bottom edges so that the card stands straight.
- Add two 3/4" strips of Snow Festival Designer Paper along the left side, trim off excess to form shape of card.
- Using the Circles #2 die, cut three of the largest sized circles from Whisper White cardstock. Sponge around the edges of the circles with Baja Breeze ink.
- Stack the circles together to form Snowman, adhering each layer with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Use the Star punch from Merry Mini Trio Punch to make the nose from Pumpkin Pie, the Owl punch for the 1/4" circle Basic Black eyes (highlight with a white gel pen), arms from the Modern Label Punch and Early Espresso cardstock.
- To form the hat, cut a 1" square of Basic Black. Punch half the width of the Modern Label punch, put back in and cut the width down to approx. 1 1/4" wide. Adhere to the 1" square along the bottom. Add a small trim of Primrose Petals cardstock for the hat band.
- Fold a 3" piece of Primrose Petals Ribbon in half and adhere to snowman neck with Mini Glue Dots. I fringed the ends of the ribbon for the scarf.
- Stamp Winter Wishes from Winter Memories in Black Stazon on 1/2" Whisper White strip and cut flag end. Cut off the word "warm".
- Stamp the holly from Winter Memories in Black Stazon on scrap Whisper White and color with Primrose Petals, Lucky Limeade and Old Olive Markers. Cut out and adhere to hat band.
- Add rhinestone jewels for buttons down the front of the punch art snowman.
Isn't he FUN??? I love how he turned out on my shaped card!!! The card fits in a normal sized envelope, too!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week…and welcome our two newest Team Members over on Create with Connie and Mary! AND…although we are almost finished with our Card "Create"tions session, it's not too late to join! Our session will stay up well over a year so you can refer back to the Christmas and Winter Card Set ideas!