Happy Birthday to me!!!!
One year I'd love to get one of these Topsy Turvy cakes for my birthday…they are just SO fun looking! Yes, "It's my birthday and I'll stamp if I want to!!!" I'm hoping to get lots of stamping done today! I wasn't feeling very creative yesterday and had a sinus headache most of the day due to the weather changing. But, hopefully today will be a LOT better!
And today we have a fun color challenge for you over on Create with Connie and Mary! Hope you will join us this week and post your own creation!
I thought the colors were perfect for a masculine card and use the new Soho Subway designer paper!
Here are the details:
- The base of the 4 1/4 x 11 card is Early Espresso folded in half.
- I added a layer of 4 x 5 1/4 Pacific Point, embossed with the Woodgrain folder, then used a sponge dauber to add Early Espresso Ink over the edges and raised areas.
- I added a 1 1/2 x 5 1/4 strip of the Summer Starfuit pattern in Soho Subway, also inked with Early Espresso around the edges.
- Next I cut a 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 square of the letter print in Soho Subway and distressed the edges before placing it on front.
- I cut an Oval Framelit from Early Espresso and adhered to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The boot was stamped with Early Espresso on Crumb Cake, then the bottom of the boot watercolored with Early Espresso and the stars colored with the Summer Starfruit Marker. I cut it out, added a mini brad to the bootstrap and placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I stamped the greeting on Very Vanilla, punched with the Large Oval punch, then sponged the edges with Early Espresso.
- Finally, I added Bakers Twine to the wood button placed on the front with a mini glue dot.
I think I'll use this for my Father's Day card this year! My dad will like it!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team to see all the different cards using this color combination!
And…we are getting ready to start our Summer Collection of Create with Connie and Mary. Sign up today for our Early Bird Special…$19.95 US…save $5 off the regular $24.95 price!
What's the SUMMER COLLECTION all about? 24 incredible projects EACH with a full downloadable tutorial! NEW this session – MORE card sets and projects that can be completed in about 2 hours…perfect for classes and camps! Check out our FREE Preview Projects – June 17 – 22! Summer Collection runs June 23 through July 20…you don't want to miss it!