Do you ever have an oops? You meant to use one set, but used another? When I made this card for this week's Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge, I knew we'd be working with flower and nature sets this week for our Summer Collection. I THOUGHT I grabbed Flower Shop…but I grabbed Secret Garden instead. OOPS!!! Well, once it was done, I wasn't going to change it! lol! But, it would be easy enough to change out to use Flower Shop..so let's pretend, ok?
We have a fun color challenge for you this week over on Create with Connie and Mary…grab your stamps and play along!
So, here is my Secret Garden card. I also used a little green…my flowers needed leaves, you know! And, actually, I was inspired by the designer paper…I think my flowers look like the tiny flower print in the DSP!
Here are the details:
- The base of the card is Daffodil Delight, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, folded in half to make base card.
- The White layer is 4 x 5 1/4, and across the bottom I placed the 2" x 5 1/4" strip of Garden Gingham DSP. I added a 1/2" strip of the gingham pattern to hide the seam.
- I ran that layer thru the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots folder. I love how the bottom looks like that swiss dot fabric or pindot fabric…wonder if you can still buy that, or am I showing my age? lol!
- I stamped the flowers with Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Night of Navy on Whisper White and cut with the Secret Garden framelits. I stamped the leaves with Pear Pizzazz and cut them, too, then added them under the flowers.
- I stamped the greeting from Really Good Greetings in Night of Navy on Whisper White and punched with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch and added it to the front.
- Each of the flowers has a rhinestone jewel in the center, too, as well as one in the exclamation point of the greeting!
Hope you like it. Make sure to stop by Create with Connie and Mary to see what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week!
Flower Shop is one of the sets we are featuring this week over on Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2013. But, now that Preview Week is over, you need to be a subscriber to see all the wonderful projects! Many of the projects, you'll be able to create in 2 hours or less…making them perfect for classes and camps! And we have lots of gift giving and home decor items, too! Join us…we are just getting started! For only $24.95 US, you get 24 FABULOUS step-by-step PHOTO tutorials! That's just a little over $1 each! And, these projects use items from the main catalog…so they will be available to use for an entire year!!! Check out Create with Connie and Mary now! Relax and let us design your classes this summer!