When I saw the color challenge for this week on Create with Connie and Mary, I thought…hmmm…how can I make that color combination "fallish" since we are in the middle of the Create with Connie and Mary Fall Collection subscription! I decided to use the soft pastels with leaves for a very different look!
Do you think I succeeded? Here's my card:
I think it is fun and whimsical at the same time!
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Pool Party cardstock folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- In the center is a 3 3/4 x 2 1/2 piece of Sweater Weather Designer Paper. I added a strip of Pistachio Pudding Scallop Trim Border along the right side.
- I stamped the Magnificent Maple leaves with Wisteria Wonder and Pistachio Pudding on Whisper White and cut out, then placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I tied the white Bakers Twine around the stem in a bow.
- A little hard to see, but I added a 1/2 x 4 strip o Whisper White under the greeting. Then stamped the Tags 4 You greeting with Soft Sky on Whisper White and punched with the Label Bracket Punch and placed with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I added some green Candy Dots on top and bottom of the greeting.
I love how it looks…very non-traditional for fall! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team did with this color challenge…lots of different looks!
We are in the middle of Week 3 over on Create with Connie and Mary Fall Collection 2013 subscription featuring the HOLIDAY and MAIN Stampin' Up! catalogs!!!! Only $24.95 US, that's just $1 a project with full step-by-step PHOTO tutorials!
So…what's the FALL COLLECTION all about? 4 weeks of daily projects EACH with a full downloadable tutorial that aren't shown ANYWHERE else! Card sets and projects that can be completed in about 2 hours…perfect for classes and camps! Check out our FREE Preview Projects – August 18 – 24 to see what we're all about! Fall Collection runs August 25 through September 21…so you have plenty of time to plan classes or make the projects for yourself! You don't want to miss it!