Oh, there is a FUN sketch challenge for you to try over on Create with Connie and Mary's Thursday Challenge! I had dozens of ideas on what I could use. I ended up using Wonderful Wreath for my design. Make sure to stop by and see what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this sketch! Some fun ideas to try! And…while you are there, don't forget that Early Bird Savings and Preview Week are almost over! Don't miss out on subscribing to our Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013! We start on SUNDAY with some FABULOUS step-by-step tutorials by our awesome designers!
Here is my interpretation!
Here are the details:
- I started with the base of 4 1/4 x 11 Crumb Cake, folded in half.
- I added a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Season of Style Designer Paper (love this check!) on top.
- Across the front, I added a 1 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamped with the greeting from Lots of Thanks (hey it was a new set for me and I wanted to use it! lol!) in Cherry Cobbler ink.
- Then I added 1/8" strips of Champagne Glimmer Paper on the top and bottom of the DSP to hide the seams.
- It is hard to tell, but I used the thumping technique on the wreath by "thumping" the tips of the markers in Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz on the rubber, then stamping on Very Vanilla. I colored a few more of the leave solid with Old Olive and Always Artichoke inks. It really wasn't too hard to cut out either! I placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I used the Owl Punch and punched circles from Champange Glimmer Paper for the "berries" and placed around the wreath.
- Finally, I tied Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine in a bow in the Cherry Cobbler Button and adhered with a Mini Glue Dot in the center of the Wreath.
I LOVE it!!! I love the checked background with this wreath! I'm saving this for a special hostess who always has us over at the holidays for dinner. I always make her a little gift, too!
Don't forget to stop by Create with Connie and Mary and see the FREE TUTORIAL and BLOG CANDY we have for you today! AND sign up while you are there!