Well, I really haven't gone back to making Christmas cards. This one has actually been done for a while for the Create with Connie and Mary Color Challenge this week! These colors were perfect for ending up the holiday cards for me.
Here's my card using Joyful Christmas again! It really has become one of my favorite new sets this season!
Lots of different techniques on this card and it is full of shine and sparkle with Silver Embossing and Silver Glimmer Paper!
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- Across the center, I added a 3 x 4 piece of Season of Style Designer Paper.
- Down the right is a 1 1/4 x 5 piece of Silver Glimmer Paper.
- I stamped the Poinsettia and leaves from Joyful Christmas twice with Versamark Ink, once on Whisper White and once on Vellum Cardstock, then embossed with Silver Embossing Powder. I cut the center out of the Vellum one and the complete poinsettia out of the Whisper White. I sponged Cherry Cobber ink over the Whisper White poinsettia…making it darker in the center and lighter towards the edges.
- I layered the Vellum center over the larger poinsettia…it really is a cool effect with a little of the darker sponging showing thru the vellum.
- I sponged Old Olive on the leaves (not a color in the challenge, but the poinsettia really needed leaves…sorry!)
- I popped up all the leaves and flowers with Stampin' Dimensionals on the front.
- Finally, I stamped Joyful Tidings from Christmas Messages stamp set with Cherry Cobbler Ink, then cut it with the Oval Framelits and added it to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Love all the glimmer and textures on this card! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary, then grab your stamps, take a break and play along!
Create with Connie and Mary is getting ready to launch our Valentine Special MINI Collection immediately after Christmas on December 26th! That is so we give our demo subscribers plenty of time to set up their classes! Sign up TODAY at Create with Connie and Mary so you don't miss out!
This MINI collection will be slightly different…only FOUR projects…and only $5.95 US!!!
- A mini session featuring the Whole Lot of Love Valentine suite of stamps and accessories!
- FOUR step-by-step pictorial project tutorials…two card set tutorials and two 3D projects!
- NEW! Kits of supplies for each project will be available to purchase!
- Featuring the Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack on all our projects!
- ONE tutorial revealed EACH day on Dec 26, 27, 28 and 29.
- Exclusive to subscribers, these projects will not be shown ANYWHERE else!
- Demos & Customers welcome!
Join today over on Create with Connie and Mary!