Today on Create with Connie and Mary, we have a fun sketch for you to play along this week! I'm amazed at the different looks that I designers came up with using this sketch!
I kept mine pretty simple. I felt like doing a little watercoloring, so used Stampin' Up!'s pretty flower set, So Very Grateful, available in the Occasions Catalog!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Pistachio Pudding cardstock, folded in half.
- On top, I layered a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Calypso Coral cardstock.
- On the 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White, I stamped the large image with Black Stazon in the upper right corner, and the smaller image in the lower right corner…going by the sketch.
- I used So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush Stampin' Write Markers and scribbled on a clear stamp case, then picked up the color with my AquaPainter. This is my favorite way to watercolor!
- After it was dry, I went back and outlined everything with the Markers again. I love the contrast!
- To finish the card, I used a 1/4 x 4 strip of Strawberry Slush cardstock across the middle.
- Then I added flags of Pistachio Pudding cardstock, and Whisper White stamped with Thank You from this same set. I love it when Stampin' Up! includes greetings with their stamp sets!
Make sure you go check out what the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Then grab your stamps and play along!
Did you see? We are starting the Early Bird signups for our Spring Collection 2014 on Create with Connie and Mary. It's all about the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration projects! We have lots of GREAT ideas to help you!! See more information over on Create with Connie and Mary!