Today, Create with Connie and Mary has a wonderful color combination! I had so much fun with it! Of course, when I saw it, I immediately thought of using Retro Fresh Designer Paper…several patterns had the exact colors in them. But…what set to use with it??? Cool Kid! I wasn't sure about this set at first, but bought it because of the cat. I'm finding that I've used it quite a few times already! Remember my tutorial on the Tic Tac Toe board I posted a couple weeks ago?
And here is my card!
So here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Baked Brown Sugar folded in half.
- I added a 2 x 5 1/2 piece of Retro Fresh Designer Paper with a strip of Tangerine Tango at the bottom.
- I punched the banners from another pattern in Retro Fresh DSP and tucked them under the DSP on the front randomly.
- I stamped the dog from Cool Kid with Baked Brown Sugar on Very Vanilla, then colored the boots and cape with Tangerine Tango marker and added a "ground" with the Coastal Cabana marker.
- It was cut out with the Circle Framelit, then placed on top of a Tangerine Tango Starburst Framelit. Don't you love those combinations you can make with the framelits???
- I stamped Awesome from Cool Kid with Tangerine Tango on Very Vanilla, then cut it with the Word Bubble Framelits.
- Finally, I added two Candy Dots in Tangerine Tango above the dog image.
I know…I used 3 sets of Framelits on this card, but really…these are basics that you NEED in your stamping supplies, right? lol! And make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did over on Create with Connie and Mary!
It's not too late to join our Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2014, featuring the Occasions and Sale-a-bration brochures. We have shown several fun projects so far! When you join, you'll be able to go back and see what we've done AND be one of the first to see the new projects. These are perfect for your classes and stamp camps, or to get EXCLUSIVE ideas on gifts, decorating and cards…you won't see these ideas posted ANYWHERE else! For less than $1 each step-by-step photo tutorial, you get over 18 projects and 24 card ideas at a price of only $29.95 US! Join us today over on Create with Connie and Mary!!!