It's Thursday and time for a new sketch challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! This is a FUN sketch and you'll see the challenge team has LOTS of variety this week! So, here is the sketch:
And here is my take on it:
I decided to go with a "masculine" theme for my card. Hello Sailor is one of the sets that I received at Leadership. I was glad I hadn't purchased it earlier. I did have the High Tide Designer Paper…I always get ALL the designer paper! lol! After working with this set, I really do like it a lot more than I thought I would! Here's what I did
- The base is 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 of Summer Starfruit, folded in half to make a square card.
- I stamped the little anchor around the background randomly with Summer Starfruit ink.
- I added a 1" strip of High tide Designer Paper diagonally across the background.
- I cut a 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 piece of Whisper White and stamped the best mate greeting with Pacific Point Ink in the lower right corner. I stamped it again with Summer Starfruit on scrap Whisper White, then cut out the You're My pennant piece and adhered it over the Pacific Point one. It was a little tricky because I had to cut out around the "B" in Best Mates.
- I added a couple rhinestones on top and bottom in the scrolls.
- That was layered on a 3 x 3 piece of Pacific Point cardstock.
- In the upper left corner, I added two pennnats from the High Tide Designer Paper, one was 3/4" wide an the top one is 1/2" wide.
- Finally, I stamped the anchor again with Pacific Point ink on scrap Whisper White and punched it with the 3/4" Circle Punch and added it to the front with a Stampin' Dimensional. I also added a Rhinestone at the top.
I think it turned out cute and perfect for this sketch!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team designs over on Create with Connie and Mary! Thanks for stopping by!