Miss me??? I know! I can't believe it has been a week since I posted! But, I had a great excuse! This was my semi-annual stamping retreat weekend. My girlfriends came in LAST Wednesday and we headed up to the retreat on Thursday thru Sunday. Had a WONDERFUL creative time with about 6 hours of sleep each night. Of course, the polar vortex weather had me on edge on wondering when to travel home. We ended up leaving about 3 hours early and roads weren't bad. Then the second path of snow decided to go south of us. But…it also made it difficult for my friends to get out of here…ended up leaving on Tuesday afternoon. Most of the things I made can't be posted yet…they are for swaps or future classes or challenges!
I've also been busy getting ready for our new session of Create with Connie and Mary Card Create-tions 2014!
So what is Card "Create"tions 2014 all about?
- 3 weeks of FABULOUS card ideas – 18 different sets (not including our two Preview sets).
- Each SET is presented with 4 cards…for a total of 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas NOT SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!
- Each Saturday we will each do a small favor as a bonus item using the same set we use during the week. These WILL be displayed publicly but only subscribers will see the cards!
- Featuring designers: Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier, Nicole Tugrul, Connie Babbert, and Mary Brown
The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions PREVIEW starts March 25 and the session runs from March 30 thru April 19! Sign up TODAY over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Create with Connie and Mary
Card "Create"tions 2014
But…here is my Create with Connie and Mary Design Team card for today featuring a sketch challenge.
I used Pleasant Poppies for my stamped focal background image!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Crisp Cantaloupe folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 Basic Black Layer.
- I cut a 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 piece of Whisper White and stamped the Pleasant Poppies image with Black Stazon. I used my Stampin' Write Markers and AquaPainter to watercolor the flowers and stems with Summer Starfruit, Crisp Cantaloupe and Pear Pizzazz. When dry, I went back over the edges of the flowers with the Marker. I adhered on the front.
- I cut a 3/4 x 3 3/4 piece of Crisp Cantaloupe and made a pointed banner end and adhered along the left edge.
- I cut 1 x 2 3/4 and 1 x 2 pieces of Sweet Sorbet Designer Paper and cut flag ends, tied the Crisp Cantaloupe Twine in a bow, then placed on top of the pointed banner.
- I added two Black Candy Dots to the pointed banner, too.
- The greeting is from the hostess only set, Simply Sketched…I love the font!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary to see what they did with this sketch this week! Lots o FUN ideas! And, while you are there…sign up for our NEXT session of Card Create-tions!