It's time for another Thursday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! This time we have a beautiful color challenge for you! Of course, with the bright pink and green, I had to go with flowers…don't you think? But, I'm amazed at what the Challenge Team did for us over on Create with Connie and Mary! Check it out!
I used the Sale-a-Bration set, Petal Parade for my card, combined with the In Color Patterns Paper. I thought it sort of looked like a trellis behind the flowers!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I added a 5 1/4 x 4 piece of Strawberry Slush In Color Patterns Designer Paper Pack.
- On a 3 3/4 x 2 1/4 piece of Whisper White, I stamped the flowers in Strawberry Slush and Old Olive inks randomly. I layered it on a 3 7/8 x 2 3/8 piece of Basic Black cardstock and popped it up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I stamped the arrows with Old Olive Ink in a line across a 3/4" x 5 1/4 strip of Old Olive cardstock and adhered it across the top portion of the card.
- I stamped the flower with Strawberry Slush Ink on Whisper White, then cut it with the Starburst Framelit. The Rhinestone Jewel is supposed to be in the MIDDLE of the flower…it must have gotten knocked off and I didn't notice! lol!
- I layered the flower on a 1 3/8" circle of Basic Black cardstock and placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I stamped Thinking of You from Teeny Tiny Wishes on a 1/2" strip of Strawberry Slush and tucked it under the circle.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary! Then, grab your stamps and play along!
And…don't forget that we are starting our NEW session with ALL CARDS! So what is Card "Create"tions 2014 all about?
- 3 weeks of FABULOUS card ideas – 18 different sets (not including our two Preview sets).
- Each SET is presented with 4 cards…for a total of 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas NOT SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!
- Each Saturday we will each do a small favor as a bonus item using the same set we use during the week. These WILL be displayed publicly but only subscribers will see the cards!
- Featuring designers: Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier, Nicole Tugrul, Connie Babbert, and Mary Brown
The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions PREVIEW starts March 25 and the session runs from March 30 thru April 19! Sign up TODAY over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Create with Connie and Mary
Card "Create"tions 2014